• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Winterhart

Winterhart

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Yesterday I started two topics - a boot review of the Magnum Spider and a piece on redundant apps in the Tech section, but looking today I can't find them.

I'm guessing they have been deleted due to me breaching some guidelines, but I can't work out what I did wrong. Is it possible to let me know, so that I don't repeat the mistake(s)?

Thanks!

#2 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

I reckon PMing a mod would be the faster route to getting an answer. 99% of us really cannot answer your question.
Posted Image

#3 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Winterhart, this happened to another topic yesterday and the mods were able to get all of the posts back. I'm not sure what is happening but I would guess that you didn't breach any guidelines. Did you PM a moderator yet? I'm pretty sure Rob fixed the problem yesterday with Mike's help. Just curious, did you have an avatar on your profile? The other member who had this problem lost their avatar at the same time.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#4 Winterhart

Winterhart

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the advice, I'll get on the case of a PM.

Also, no, I never uploaded an avatar.

#5 WarrenPeace

WarrenPeace

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 121 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I posted a thread yesterday on Piers Morgan's trip to the Katy range, along with some media links ---- it's gone today.

Not sure what is happening.
Posted Image

#6 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I posted a thread yesterday on Piers Morgan's trip to the Katy range, along with some media links ---- it's gone today.

Not sure what is happening.

WarrenPeace, I was looking around for that myself as I had looked at it when you first posted it. Did you send a message to one of the moderators to see if they could fix/resurrect it?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#7 WarrenPeace

WarrenPeace

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 121 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

No sir - I'm assuming they are monitoring this thread. (Unless it disappears :cool: )

Okay, I will send them a note.
Posted Image

#8 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is getting very strange. At least three topics have disappeared now. Maybe a software bug? Virus? Hack?

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#9 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

No sir - I'm assuming they are monitoring this thread. (Unless it disappears :cool: )

We're always watching.....

But seriously, we've been in the middle of some database migration and we've had to choose the lesser of two evils. Originally, the migration did not move over posts from Friday Feb 1 to Tuesday Feb 5. This is why all of the topics and posts that occurred during that time were missing. (Still with me? Even I'm getting lost.)

We found out that we could restore the posts from the above time period, but we would lose any posts made from Tues @ ~0100 until Tues at 2000. We decided to restore the posts and only lose the posts that occurred within those 8 hours. So the topics and posts are restored and if you posted yesterday and don't see it, we apologize but it is gone.

The good news is that this shouldn't happen again so it shouldn't be an issue in the future. If you guys do experience more bugs or anything out the ordinary, please let us know.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#10 WarrenPeace

WarrenPeace

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 121 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Makes perfect sense.

And the upshot of my (now lost) post was that Piers Morgan is an idiot. Recognizing this is accepted fact, no harm no foul.
  • Davis likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users