• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PJMonteiro

PJMonteiro

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Long story short, I'm a 20 y/o sailor at the naval academy. I recently learned that Florida is a shall issue state that issues to active duty military under 21. I'm an NC resident, but go to Florida a few times a year either on vacation or to visit family. That being said, does anyone know the process for someone like me to get my CHP in Florida? I've found little regarding military, just that they can get said permit without training, granted they shown proficiency in handguns. Also, FL permits are honored in NC, but NC law says you must be 21 or older to get a permit. That being said, will my FL permit be honored in NC, even though I'm 20? Stay Frosty.

#2 Tuneno

Tuneno

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I live in Texas and have a Florida CHL. I had to sit through a 4 hour course and pull the trigger on a revolver to qualify for the license. I paid an additional 20 bucks for fingerprinting and a passport photo at the class along with the application. The application fee was I believe $112.00. I would think that even if you are active duty you would still need to sit in the class because it goes over the laws that you need to know. I would google Non Resident Florida CHL in the state you are currently in and see if anyone is holding a the class or just wait until you visit family and take the class. As far as your age, that is a legal question that you might want to call a police or state police department and see what an officer says (take down name and badge number just in case), or call a lawyers office and see if you can get one of them to give you some free advice.

#3 sgtwalker

sgtwalker

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSpokane

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I got my ccw while stationed at Eglin AFB. Being in the military you just fill out the application, give them a copy of your orders showing that you are stationed in Florida and a check for the fee. I'm not sure they will give you one unless you can prove you are a resident. Figured that was what the orders were for other than to prove you are in the military.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CCW, Concealed Carry, Military, florida, chp, shall issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users