• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SilentP

SilentP

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm in the market of trying to get a bit more minimalist with my plate carrier. I currently run a Rapid Response Carrier from AMI (Armored Mobility Inc. - the model shown in the link is a bit newer than the version I have). In doing some research I have become interested in running a triple mag pouch on the inside of the integrated kangaroo pouch.

Now, my question is three fold:
1) Does anyone here run/have run a kangaroo mag pouch?
2) Any cons to running this system?
3) Anyone have any manufacturers to refer making such a product? I realize that PIG makes Kangaroo Pouch Mag Insert which is unfortunately just to house a single magazine. Eleven 10 Gear makes a triple pouch, but it seems to be the only one that I can find.

Thanks,

SilentP

#2 FATSO

FATSO

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have a triple kangaroo on my LBT 6094, and I love it. The insert comes from LBT with bungee retention, but about 12 minutes into a carbine course, I took a break and removed the bungees… the mags retained fine, but it would be possible, I assume, for the mags to liberate if you were hanging upside down. If that's the case, I suppose losing a mag might be the least of my problems, but they were fine through typical running, prone, urban prone, etc (that I experienced in the course). It made it much, much quicker to do a speed reload. My SOF buddies that run the same carrier don't seem to run the Kangaroo pouch, but they monkey with their kit pretty frequently.

The LBT is a top-notch plate carrier… mine's set up for CAS, so I have markers, maps and 9-lines in my kangaroo pouch right now!

#3 SilentP

SilentP

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

FATSO,

Thanks for the reply. I stumbled across the LBT in my searches recently as well as spotted a Mayflower one on SKD but it seems to have been out of stock for a bit.

Based on the fact that I would like that "perfect" fit, and AMI doesn't make one, I'm planning on making my own with the help of a seamstress pal (he hates when I call him that) and the KYWI inserts.

SilentP

#4 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

I have 3 of the pig kangaroo mag inserts crammed into my issue flack and it works great. I normally remove the bungees from the mags prior to going on the firing line though.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kangaroo, joey, mag, magazine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users