22 replies to this topic

#1 Ben There

Ben There

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNE Texas

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I am going thru and updating my gear. Need to replace a Tactical Chest Rig that has suffered too much abuse. I am open to suggestions. A few requirements.
1- carry 6 M4 mags min.
2- carry 4 G21 mags min.
3- molle attach points on harness.
4- molle attach point for IFAK

Damn battle belt don't look any better than chest rig does. This is probably going to get exspensive.
The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

#2 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

You can possibly offset the cost by selling the old stuff.
Post pics, I'm always looking!

Hmm... I should have asked first. Are you looking for just the chest rig or a plate carrier style rig?

For chest rig... there are only 2 major ones I would consider right now.
The SKD PIG. It's a little larger but looks like a great rig.
Posted Image

or the Shellback Tactical Banshee which is a little more form fitting but is at a great price point.
Posted Image

The belt I have I'm absolutely sold on. There are plenty of alternatives, but I am really, really happy with mine.
The HSGI Battle Belt is a great belt. Very comfortable and as strong as it gets.
Posted Image

Edited by DStevenson, 07 June 2013 - 06:04 PM.

• Lao likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Have you looked at the pig ucr over at skd? I think that may fit the bill nicely... I think they should be in stock by the end of the month.

Attached Files

Edited by Psybain, 08 June 2013 - 02:19 PM.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#4 Ben There

Ben There

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNE Texas

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks. These brands I' ve seen in the field before, but you can't remember everything. I'll go look and get back to you. I've been using this same gear from back when they only had 2 colors available. OD and OD. It was extremely well made and has served admirably across 3 continents. 2 mates have already spoken for it.
The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

#5 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Updated my post with a pic of the ucr for you.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#6 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'd recommend Original SOE gear. The AK/M4 rig has pals and holds 8 mags. I use a micro rig with the slim H harness, Works great! You may like the NSW rig. I don't think it's got pals but its got a lot of room.

They got a funky ordering process but great gear!

www.originalsoegear.com or the new site www.soebelts.com

#7 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Is this your Rig D?? I like it a lot!!!

Posted Image

Hey jgnolen, that's the second time you plugged Original SOE... I'm really going to have to check his gear out :) Good post!
Posted Image

#8 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hey jgnolen, that's the second time you plugged Original SOE... I'm really going to have to check his gear out :) Good post!

Yeah, I have. I'm not trying to spam or troll but he's got good stuff. I havnt tried much of anything else other than a few 5.11 pouches, a Blue Force sling, crap issued to me, and a few other small a accessories here and there. SOEs gear says "Made in Motherfucking USA," so I had to try them out. I'd love to try out other rigs but it costs $$$$.
  • Lao likes this

#9 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

"Made in Motherfucking USA"

That's the only endorsement I need! :)
  • Scot McK likes this
Posted Image

#10 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

Is this your Rig D?? I like it a lot!!!

Ha... now that I look at it, it's almost a 1:1 match to mine. No this is not my rig, This was a picture I found on Flicker I think of a review that Bryan did on the PIG.
The differences I can see between mine and this is I keep my chem lights up high and my mag pouches stuffed together. I don't have that gap between, but other than that it's almost exactly the same. Even the patches are close.
I have the ITS patch with the Crew Leader Plank above it, NKA APOS patch. I moved my IR glint flag to my helmet so I have a standard arid flag on the carrier.

Edited by DStevenson, 10 June 2013 - 10:43 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#11 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Well D... just throwing this out there, if you ever want to sell yours, send me a PM first :)
Posted Image

#12 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Will do Lao. Any equipment I've sold has been posted on eBay but listed in these forums first at a reduced price.
All I have left for sale now is a Beretta 96A1, a S&W M&P-15 complete upper, and that rig will probably be next. I should probably do it now while the AirSoft guys are hunting for gear.

#13 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

Will do Lao. Any equipment I've sold has been posted on eBay but listed in these forums first at a reduced price.
All I have left for sale now is a Beretta 96A1, a S&W M&P-15 complete upper, and that rig will probably be next. I should probably do it now while the AirSoft guys are hunting for gear.

AIRSOFT.... hahahahaha! Some of those guys take that shit seriously :)
Posted Image

#14 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Some of those guys have more money in their equipment than I do and mine is intended to save my life.

#15 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Some of those guys have more money in their equipment than I do and mine is intended to save my life.

Hold on Mr. Robber... let me get my chest rig on and load the BBs in my fake assault weapon... LOL :)

If I spent money on all that fancy stuff, it would be the real stuff for sure!
Posted Image

#16 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, some airsoft guys take shit too far. I play it, but I also use an AK-74 with mid cap mags (holds around 180 bbs...which go fast in airsoft) for it. Which is the rifle I use in real life. So for me, it's about as realistic I can get for training without sending bodies to the city morgue.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#17 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

This thread was totally hijacked, sorry Ben There.
  • mangeface likes this

#18 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

This thread was totally hijacked, sorry Ben There.

Valid point and my apologies also.

I have a chest rig I use periodically (although I mainly use it for my friends that come out to shoot with me). It's a Blackhawk and non-modular, but it holds 8 AK/AR mags and has 2 pouches for pistol mags, lights, multitools and other small things like that.

It's pretty similar to this one: http://www.blackhawk...uches,852,2.htm

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#19 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

I am going thru and updating my gear. Need to replace a Tactical Chest Rig that has suffered too much abuse. I am open to suggestions. A few requirements.
1- carry 6 M4 mags min.
2- carry 4 G21 mags min.

Damn battle belt don't look any better than chest rig does. This is probably going to get exspensive.

https://www.facebook...1557559063859:0

John Willis just posted a 20% discount deal for Father's Day. I just thought you'd like to know since you're in the market.

#20 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

1- carry 6 M4 mags min.
2- carry 4 G21 mags min.

Ben There,
Any luck on finding what you wanted? There is a lot of gear out there, i would love to hear how what has worked out for you. Also, if you did find something, i would love to see your set up and post pics.

Thanks

J

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users