Photo

TCCC Guidelines and Curriculum from NAEMT and JSOM (open source & ongoing updates)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Here you go, updated and latest and greatest:

NAEMT TCCC guidelines

JSOM TCCC guidelines

**For future reference JSOM will push all updated military TCCC information, stay tuned for the Dec 2013 updates.**

Links to new TCCC Cards (2013) for printing at home. This will become form DD 1380. 

Full Card

Side 1

Side 2

Full Card .jpeg version

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 03 January 2014 - 10:50 PM.
added tccc card links

• 911 Healer, iExpresso, CFB67 and 3 others like this
Posted Image

#2 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Great link.

#3 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I spoke with a representative at PMI on Thursday and they will release a new, vented, HALO Chest Seal within the next month - to comply with the new TCCC guidelines. I'm stoked to see it!
  • CENTCOMSurvivor, Psybain, Geist and 1 other like this

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

ITS Life Member and Crew Leader

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#4 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

I spoke with a representative at PMI on Thursday and they will release a new, vented, HALO Chest Seal within the next month - to comply with the new TCCC guidelines. I'm stoked to see it!

That's awesome news.
  • 911 Healer likes this

#5 911 Healer

911 Healer

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWaukee, Iowa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

I hope that the new seal will be replacing the current, unvented seals in the ETAs - in fact, I hope that the ITS staff starts stocking the vented, HALO chest seals, SWAT-Ts, QuikClot and First Care ("Israeli Bandages") - individually! ...Oh, and start putting the black, mini-"Sharpies" anywhere there is a TQ!

Edited by 911 Healer, 11 August 2013 - 09:03 PM.

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM (I will either find a way, or make one.) - Hannibal

ITS Life Member and Crew Leader

Owner and Principal Instructor - at, Immediate Action Outfitters, LLC www.facebook.com/ImmediateActionOutfitters

#6 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I hope that the new seal will be replacing the current, unvented seals in the ETAs - in fact, I hope that the ITS staff starts stocking the vented, HALO chest seals, SWAT-Ts, QuikClot and First Care ("Israeli Bandages") - individually! ...Oh, and start putting the black, mini-"Sharpies" anywhere there is a TQ!

Id like to see that as well
  • 911 Healer likes this

#7 Christopher Goley

Christopher Goley

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

For the LEOs on the site, NAEMT also came out with a course based on TCCC specifically geared for Police. It is called Law Enforcement and First Response - Tactical Casualty Care (LEFR-TCC). It is an 8 hour course. Here is a link to the curriculum covered.

http://www.naemt.org...n/LEFR-TCC.aspx

• CENTCOMSurvivor likes this

#8 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

For the LEOs on the site, NAEMT also came out with a course based on TCCC specifically geared for Police. It is called Law Enforcement and First Response - Tactical Casualty Care (LEFR-TCC). It is an 8 hour course. Here is a link to the curriculum covered.

http://www.naemt.org...n/LEFR-TCC.aspx

Thanks I'll check it out. We (LEOs) need a national standard; all this in-fighting over who "owns" LEO TacMed needs to stop. Just like Dr Butler talks about in that briefing.
Posted Image

#9 nito

nito

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • Locationmidwest

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

From what I can tell this is stuff many of us have been doing for a while anyhow. I'm just glad to see it is making its way into the civilian world. I'd like to see all LEO's having the most up to date training.
Posted Image

#10 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hot out of SOMA today: TCCC (military) updates
-Tranexamic acid (TXA) approved for all TCCC, not just SOF
-TCCC casualty cards will now be under a DOD number to make the Marines happy: DD 1380
-Vented chest seals are the recommended type to use. If no vented seal is available then seal and monitor patient. 
-Pain management protocols now have three levels and no morphine. I didn't get the full information on this so stay tuned to the official update.
-Also, JSOM will now push all new TCCC information as it comes out. 

Coming soon:
Junctional tourniquets are coming online for everyone, there are three that will meet approval: The JETT Junctional Emergency Treatment Tool, SAM junctional, and CRoC. 
There is a new cric tool that got a good reception today. It combines the scalpel and j-hook into one tool. There is also a tube that will go with it. 

Also live tissue training will continue for SOF despite what you may have read in the news. Regular military will have to wait until the new committee gets things sorted out.

• Psybain and Davis like this
Posted Image

#11 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:25 AM

Thabks for the update!

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#12 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

A quick side note that was brought up at SOMA but not addressed yet. The person who updates the TCCC guidelines officially has been "laid off" due to the shortage of funding so it might be awhile for official updates to show up. Figured I'd throw that out there as the guidelines are a few revisions behind and this is the reason. 

Posted Image

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

A quick side note that was brought up at SOMA but not addressed yet. The person who updates the TCCC guidelines officially has been "laid off" due to the shortage of funding so it might be awhile for official updates to show up. Figured I'd throw that out there as the guidelines are a few revisions behind and this is the reason. 

Doesn't surprise me in the least. BS if you ask me.

TC3 is about the most important training .mil types get besides using their weapon. You'd think they'd be able to scrape some funds together for such an important program.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#14 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, I couldn't believe it myself! 

Posted Image

#15 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

I just updated the files with the new TCCC card if anyone wants/needs to print them out. 

• Psybain likes this
Posted Image

#16 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

I just updated the files with the new TCCC card if anyone wants/needs to print them out.

Where can I get these cards? Is it the links on your first post?

Never mind. I see now. Cool beans!

Edited by jgnolen, 02 January 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Posted Image

"Any questions, comments, gripes, bitches, or complaints? Well, I will address them in order of the amount of fucks given. Thanks and I don't give a shit how the rest of your day is." 1SG Kirkland

#17 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

I added a .jpeg version of the TCCC Card. 

Posted Image

#18 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

I added a .jpeg version of the TCCC Card. 

Do we know the approx dimensions that the cards are supposed to be? I want to print some off and laminate them.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#19 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Do we know the approx dimensions that the cards are supposed to be? I want to print some off and laminate them.

Chinook medical makes their own cards and they are 4.5"x7". I've been looking around for one of my old ones but no joy. Perhaps someone has one they can measure to be sure. 

The full card is 9x7 so you can fold it. If these are not correct I can remake them, someone just let me know. 

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 04 January 2014 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Viking_Doc

Viking_Doc

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

9x7" sounds about right. I think I have one laying around in my kit I'll get back to you on that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users