Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

https://www.facebook...irearmsTraining

http://granitefirearmstraining.com/

Granite Firearms Training

September 21

We are kicking off this year's training calendar with a great, great class. I have been working on this one all summer. This class will have it all. Medical instruction, training scenarios, tactical movement drills, firearm training on the range and scenario based live fire movement drills.

Announcing "Patrolmen Level Tactical Medical Course." This is a very practical and functional class designed to show the critical care that needs to be provided to stabilize major trauma. We will also cover tactical movement both used to approach a scene and extraction including "man-down" recovery. All movement drills, they will be all focused 2 individuals working. In Patrol or in the Civilian world, your resources will be limited. We will train that way.

Here is a class overview.
Saturday, October 19th, 2013. Held in Casa Grande. Class will be 9-5. At this time, class will be 140.00. This will cover the cost of the range, targets. Also, you will receive a new CAT style tourniquet, 4" compression bandage and new general medical pouch.

The picture is of the training supplies. You will be furnished a complete set of gear for training so you the equipment you purchase, well go home new, but you will train the same equipment.

Equipment Needed: Good training clothes. You will be getting dirty. Hand gun and/or rifle. Holsters and slings required. 200-300 total rounds recommended. You will need a way to secure your spare magazines (2 for each platform) and your medical gear. Chest rigs, plate carriers, etc or good duty belts also encouraged. Food and Water for the day.

This class will have a cap of 12 so it will be solid, hands on and personal instruction.

My concept, is to Be Ready and we push our selves to be better equipped for all problems this world can throw at us. You will leave with a new skill set and new higher standard for your capabilities.

Please pass the word and share it out. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you. Stay safe, and be ready.

• Psybain and Davis like this
Posted Image

#2 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the post! Do you know these guys, or know anything firsthand about them by chance? Just wondering if they are solid and legit?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#3 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

So this afternoon I went online to their website and filled out the contact form to get some more info about the class and what Granite Firearms Training is all about. Within 15 mins I got a call back and what followed was an excellent conversation. John, the owner of Granite Firearms Training, gave me his resume and told me all about the company and what they are all about. It is a small outfit that offers relatively small classes to allow for an excellent instructor to student ratio. This place sounds very legit and I have signed up to take this class on 19 October.

It sounds like the focus will be a good mix of TCCC style medical as well as firearms instruction and how to mix the two when you only have a couple guys to manage a scene vs. having an entire team of 5 or 6. So long as my psychotic work schedule does not interfere I will be in attendance. Following the class I will put together an AAR of sorts. But so far as I can tell, this outfit has great potential for being a solid resource for training for me.

As a side note I was able to tell John about ITS as he asked where I heard about the class from. He was not previously familiar with ITS so I had the pleasure to share about this community with him.
  • CENTCOMSurvivor likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#4 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Awesome, that is great. My buddy Ken posted the class information on FB and vouched for them. Its awesome to see you signed up, networking at its best! Let us know how the class goes.
  • Davis likes this
Posted Image

#5 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

I can vouch for John. He's been with my agency for a lot longer than I have, and has had a ton of advanced "cool guy" training to go with it. I met him during my time with S&R and had the pleasure to teach along side of him a few times. We have become friends and I know that he is all he says he is. He has no need to fluff his background, as it's actually pretty impressive all by itself. I wanted to be in the class on the 17th, but I finally got some vacation time and am headed out of state on a family vacation.
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#6 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Had to post a new thread for the new class date. Thanks for the support guys.
  • Davis likes this

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users