• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the update Rob - I sent queries via Twitter to Bryan and Zulu.. Zulu did respond to one at some point as 'stay tuned'. I don't think I sent email so you're not remotely at fault.I'll stitch up what I another time and see if that covers the gap in time. Cheers, -Pk

#62 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Rob, while you're on this thread mind if I ask two questions - basic stuff on the bag while I wait:
  • Is the holster insert the Gen 2 or do we have to buy that separately?
  • Do you know who makes or how durable the shoulder strap clips are made of? That's the one thing I've broken a few times on other bags and curious here.
Thanks, -Pk

#63 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Packetknife said:

Rob, while you're on this thread mind if I ask two questions - basic stuff on the bag while I wait:

• Is the holster insert the Gen 2 or do we have to buy that separately?
  • Do you know who makes or how durable the shoulder strap clips are made of? That's the one thing I've broken a few times on other bags and curious here.
Thanks, -Pk

Not a problem! Keep the questions coming! Due to the fact that we have a few different inserts, they will need to be purchased separately. The shoulder strap is a piece of 2-inch webbing and I'll double check on the manufacturer. I've had my bag for almost a year now and it's showing no signs of wear and it's my EDC bag. It's very durable has no signs of wear.
Posted Image

#64 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks.I'm sorry I wasn't clear on the second question... I meant the plastic clips at the ends, I've broken ~those~ a number of times on different bags. Thanks again, -Pk

#65 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

The buckles for the straps are the 2 inch ITW Nexus buckles and if you can break them then you're a manly man. All the hardware is going to be ITW Nexus and it's pretty rigid stuff. If you've got any more specific questions or need picture angles or what not, let me know. I can always reference my bag and take pics!
Posted Image

#66 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

And by manly man you mean idiot... it was never due to strength, somehow the buckles just ended up in the wrong place or bag was a big too heavy..Looks good - I think I'm covered, the wifey is stitching up two of my current bags and I'm figuring that'll get me a while longer before needing to replace both. Here is hoping Zulu gets you supply before then, Cheers, -Pk

#67 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I was able to get a ITS DMB to replace one of my bags through the Trade room here. Gen II - new..Question.. once loaded how heavy is your bag? Even without the CCW mine feels awfully heavy and the handle and straps don't feel as sturdy as my last bag. On the other hand the fabric and stitching elsewhere is bloody amazing feeling.Just curious as to how heavy a ITS DMB you carry.. -Pk

#68 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

My bag runs between 10 and 20 pounds depending on the different items I have in it. (Gun, Liberty Bottle, Laptop, Mags....etc.) The straps may not feel sturdy, but I've never had an issue with any of the stitching. Any more than 20 lbs and I'm probably going to be switching to a backpack to even the load. Although with the strength of that webbing and the buckles, I wouldn't hesitate to load it further.
Posted Image

#69 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks man - I'm at ~27lbs right now. And I have that and my backpack fairly heavily loaded. Sounds good.. I'll do a bit of shuffling to drop it a few pounds as precautionary. Cheers, -Pk

#70 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Holy Crap. Would love to see a list of everything you're packing in there! 27 lbs is a lot!
Posted Image

#71 Packetknife

Packetknife

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

We can discuss that out-of-band if you want, it's mostly electronics gear. I'll reshuffle tonight. :-/ -Pk

#72 Kevin Harden

Kevin Harden

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

I've been using the Mongo for a few months and so far so good. I'm packing about 12-13lbs of every day gear and it carries well. Only complaint is since it is bigger than a Jumbo it tends to bounce against the low back/hip area a bit. If I needed to I could put my Eee Pad into it along with the regular gear which includes water, food, lights and tools. Been looking at the Gear Slinger series and the Moab packs (always looking for the next "perfect" pack!) so I'm glad to see the comments here. CheersKevin

#73 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

any news about when the DMBGEN2 might be avail again?   do you need a certain number of orders for a run/order?   this may very well be the one.. that monolithic solution for which i have been searching.

#74 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

Eric Baker said:

any news about when the DMBGEN2 might be avail again?   do you need a certain number of orders for a run/order?   this may very well be the one.. that monolithic solution for which i have been searching.

Hi Eric, They're currently in production. I can't give a concrete time estimate other than "soon." I promise it's worth the wait! I've had mine now for over a year and it does the job beautifully. I've used it as an EDC bag, a range bag and a travel bag and it's fit every use beautifully.
Posted Image

#75 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well I am trying to remain an adult about this..... But I can hardly contain myself. Any inkling about when they might be avail?

#76 WolfGrey

WolfGrey

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Ive been using my TAD Gear Litespeed. I love it plenty of space with not a lot of bulk.
Posted Image

#77 Eric Baker

Eric Baker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

I like the TAD bag. However, I carry in NY and this is not a carry friendly area. I feel like I need to look like I might be heading to the apple store or the local granola. The DMB, from the looks of it and the video, seems to look innocuous more so than some other bags.

#78 WolfGrey

WolfGrey

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

I agree with you on that one, and the black would blend in completely.
Posted Image

#79 Mustang0268

Mustang0268

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

I have used my Litespeed now for about 2 years, and can say only good things about it.  Of all the smaller, high-speed bags out their, I think TAD really hit on something positive with this pack.  With that said, I have been thinking "grey" versus Multicam, and have been looking closely at the GORUCK packs.  They simply scream "basic" and yet when you dig into their construction and materials, I think these are very well thought out urban packs that no one would look at twice and wonder.  Now...if you knew what you were looking at, you might ask to have a closer look!Mustang
Posted Image

#80 WolfGrey

WolfGrey

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNEPA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

Mustang,I agree the goruck bags are extremely well built it seems and have a more discreet look about them than the molle filled litespeed. That being said i purchased the foliage green litespeed and it doesnt seem to get a second look when out in public. I would like to maybe make a panel like the ITS messenger to cover the velcro for a even more discreet look.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users