• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jar2727

Jar2727

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

Does anyone have interest in this new course at Academi (former BW)?

http://academi.com/t...tives/overview#

"This is a newly developed course designed to give individuals a foundation in tactical combatives and a unique opportunity to earn a 40-hour combatives training certificate. The instructors will train students both on the mats, and utilize ACADEMI’s urban training environments to create realistic training scenarios. This 5-day course will be provided at ACADEMI’s 7,000 acre training facility in Moyock, NC."

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Mmm...I sometimes wish I was still in NC so I could take some classes there, more of the driving classes.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 FreeStyle1138

FreeStyle1138

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 80 posts
  • LocationHolly Ridge, NC

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

The Coast Guard has (had?) a contract with Academi as part of our pre-deployment training. I went through 2 days of Pistol, 2 days of Carbine/Pistol and a few hours of shotgun. Then 8+ Days of CQB.

Best instruction I have recieved hands down.

There is a huge amount of knowledge and awesome Instructors at that place. A buddy and I are planning a trip back there for a few classes after we rotate back to the states in May.

Can't say much for a Krav class. But if it's anything like their other classes you won't be let down.

#4 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Someday I want to get down there to attend the combatives course, a driving course, and a firearms course. Traveling to NC from AK is a significant comittment of time and money, but I'd really like to make it happen.
  • mangeface likes this

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#5 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

I forgot they have a facility in san diego. I'll have to get some CA-legal mags so I can do a pistol class with them

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#6 JM82

JM82

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDallas (area), TX

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I had participated in 2 training courses at the Moyock facility while I was active duty (before it was Academi, but it's my understanding it hasn't changed much) and I can say it was the best training I have ever received. The quality of instructors, facility and course materials was phenomenal. It set me on a course to becoming a great shooter and develop the correct combat mindset. Provided the opportunity I wouldn't hesitate to train there again.

• FreeStyle1138 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tactical, combative, knife training, cqc, defense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users