• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

So I'm off and on with 5.11 products but I picked up a 5.11 moab 10 because it was on sale. I have to say that it makes a good edc bag. Not to big, carries all my stuff, over all nice bag. Haven't taken it on an all day trip so can't say how comfortable it is all day but short term it's been comfortable. So far i would recommend it.

Still want to buy a TAD Litespeed though my for day trips and hiking. Just need to save up for that.

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

#22 Doc_V

Doc_V

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

I use a maxpedition fatboy.  It can hold all i need plus it doubles as a daddy diaper bag.  I must admit it is one of the greatest bags i have bought i also on occasion carry a 5.11 rush 12 clone made by fieldline its a really good bag and one i can carry and not worry about something happening.  I mean it only cost about $30.  You really cant go wrong with one of those.

Who Dares Wins

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#23 mfrench

mfrench

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNorthEast

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

I have the 5.11 all hazards pack, it has tons of molle inside and out, numerous pouches including one specifically for sunglasses and a tear out bag that is great for a first aid kit. Well worth the cash. Very solid and versatile pack.

#24 Matty410

Matty410

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

What do you guys think of the Condor Compact Assault Pack? Anyone have one?

Posted Image

#25 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

I'm not a fan of condor gear at all (though their soft shells seem to be ok).  I've used some of their pouches for med kits in the past.  They never leave their respective bags, so wear and tear is minimal.  But I wouldn't trust their build quality for anything other than storage and organization.  If that's a bag you plan on utilizing on a daily basis, you might as well buy two right away.

NoTMZyB.png

#26 Matty410

Matty410

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

I'm not a fan of condor gear at all (though their soft shells seem to be ok).  I've used some of their pouches for med kits in the past.  They never leave their respective bags, so wear and tear is minimal.  But I wouldn't trust their build quality for anything other than storage and organization.  If that's a bag you plan on utilizing on a daily basis, you might as well buy two right away.

Thanks for the input.  I have heard it said before and even from someone on here "If you buy cheap, you buy twice", so I think I will either look into the various 5.11 bags or even a GORUCK.

Posted Image

#27 zoman013

zoman013

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Does anyone know why ITS discontinued the black version of their Discreet Messenger Bag? Not really that big of a deal, I like the coyote too. Just curious. Of course, they seem to have the black holster insert still available, but the coyote is unavailable. At least THAT's not discontinued!

#28 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,599 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Does anyone know why ITS discontinued the black version of their Discreet Messenger Bag? Not really that big of a deal, I like the coyote too. Just curious. Of course, they seem to have the black holster insert still available, but the coyote is unavailable. At least THAT's not discontinued!

Hey zoman, welcome to the ITS Tactical forums. I am unsure why they are discontinued, but I can only speculate that they would be due to lack of interest. If you're wanting a black one, I would suggest checking ebay and seeing if anyone has one posted there or maybe another member may have one for sale.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#29 mike2468

mike2468

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I use a maxpedition fatboy.  It can hold all i need plus it doubles as a daddy diaper bag.  I must admit it is one of the greatest bags i have bought i also on occasion carry a 5.11 rush 12 clone made by fieldline its a really good bag and one i can carry and not worry about something happening.  I mean it only cost about $30.  You really cant go wrong with one of those.

Thats good to know, I was looking for a good daddy diaper bag.

Tu7wwUX_zps4005c234.png

Strive to be a leader of Character, Competence, and Courage

#30 Matty410

Matty410

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the input. I have heard it said before and even from someone on here "If you buy cheap, you buy twice", so I think I will either look into the various 5.11 bags or even a GORUCK.

Posted Image

#31 hunter_75

hunter_75

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

I currently am going back to a university in the PNW and have a regular backpack. Inside I have a smaller handbag that has all of my "gear". Lifestraw, firestarting implements, emergency blanket, flashlight, multitool, batteries, couple powerbars, and 2 extra mags for my g26, paracord, utility size garbage bag, tc.

#32 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:05 PM

my "EDC" is a Timbuk2 all black messenger. Fits in well in the urban enviro and also in the university world. I transitioned into civilian life and I find it faster to get to and INTO than a backpack. But thats just personal preference. I use packs for my BOB and an Oakley duffle for my BIB. Use what you are comfortable carrying. My Messenger looks very no descript but it carries my laptop and my work/school stuff as well as carrying my med pouch and fighting pouch. I have modified my back on the inside so that there are large amounts of velcro and I added a couple molle straps under the main flap for my black diamond beaners and such. It works well for me. I can carry over my shoulder and also sling over my head and across my back.

#33 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

Hey Juicer, as a general rule, we don't usually post on topics that have been inactive for a good period of time. Usually this is referred to a necroposting, not a big deal or anything just thought I would let you know. 

• juicer5.56 likes this

89BccLb.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users