• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

Anybody besides me curious as to why the hell Glock prices have gone through the roof in the used market? I damn near had enough cash together to get a 19C off the used market and all of the sudden people are asking new prices for used guns. I haven't seen any supply issues, as all of my local gun stores still have shelves stocked with all calibers and sizes. Just curious to see what anyone has to say. I'm still going after the used market, even if I have to beat someone down that $75.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Go to a Glock Blue Label dealer. W/ your ID you qualify for police pricing on the guns. Your IRR ID counts as well.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, I think it's my only option. Bought my last one M/LE priced with IRR card.

VQz5Nwz.png

#4 firefighter238

firefighter238

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 39 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

I hear you, it's insane right now! Cabela's in Denver is asking $575 for beat up Gen 3 Glock 22's! As far as a dealer help, if you're Fire/LEO/Military check you Neve's in Denver, CO. I don't know if they'll ship to your FFL or not but my ID got me a brand new Gen 4 Glock 19 with 4 mags out the door for $428.74! Good luck

2gQSCj5.png

#5 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

I have a local gun shop I almost exclusively buy from. I can find Glocks there super cheap in the M/LE section, but it's always hit or miss on model or generation.

VQz5Nwz.png

#6 SFPD2010

SFPD2010

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationN. IL

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

I got super lucky I thought and picked up an used OD gen 3 glock 19 the other day for 425.00. Between it being at Gander mountain (known around here for there high priced used guns) and in the OD green that is impossible it seems to find. In the local market it seems all that a used glock will save you, assuming it's not all beat to shit, is 50-75, maybe 100 off new.

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

I got super lucky I thought and picked up an used OD gen 3 glock 19 the other day for 425.00. Between it being at Gander mountain (known around here for there high priced used guns) and in the OD green that is impossible it seems to find. In the local market it seems all that a used glock will save you, assuming it's not all beat to shit, is 50-75, maybe 100 off new.

Very nice. I used to have a G22 Gen3 with the OD frame and a Streamlight TLR-01S mounted on it. I sure do miss that gun.

To be honest, I would probably get something else, like a FN FNX-9 or an M&P in 9mm, but I have so much stuff oriented for the Glock I can't back out on it.

VQz5Nwz.png

#8 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Plus Glock mags are generally cheaper and easier to find than most other pistol mags, at least that I've seen.

• mangeface likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#9 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I seriously hope you buy yourself lottery tickets soon. You landed one hell of an outstanding deal. That same firearm with 1,000+ round counts will easily run 700-800 chip here in California.

#10 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

I seriously hope you buy yourself lottery tickets soon. You landed one hell of an outstanding deal. That same firearm with 1,000+ round counts will easily run 700-800 chip here in California.

There was a guy here in OKC that was wanting $700 for a Glock 17 that had...3,000 ROUNDS THROUGH IT. OH, but it was clean by a Glock armorer every time. I guess he forgot parts get fatigued.

VQz5Nwz.png

#11 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

There was a guy here in OKC that was wanting $700 for a Glock 17 that had...3,000 ROUNDS THROUGH IT. OH, but it was clean by a Glock armorer every time. I guess he forgot parts get fatigued.

Somebody was smoking some serious crack if they paid that! You can get a brand new one here in AZ for $550. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#12 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

"I didn't know glocks made a smoothbore variant! What a sweet deal!" rofl

• mangeface, Davis and DeathwatchDoc like this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users