8 replies to this topic

#1 1219valleyforge

1219valleyforge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts
  • LocationValley Forge Pennsylvania

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

My EDC is like my American Express card Don't Leave Home without it !  So if you want to make sure you always have it WEAR IT.

SO-TECH makes a very heavy duty Riggers belt   approved for static weight , you can use it to repel or as a safety belt  , it has Velcro to secure the bitter end .  The best feature is a hidden zippered pocket in the belt that is undetectable .

I'm still working on the final content  but it is formidable . So far it consists of   ESEE Arrow Head , Ceramic Razor Blade , Diamond File , Cuff Key, Compass,  a MAC tools pocket knife (strong and ultra slim )   fire steel, tinder and zip ties .   I can also fit two 32oz whirl pak  plastic bags  folded and six water purification tablets.   It is also a good place to hide money .

When I cant get to my bag and the only thing in my pocket is lint . My SERE belt will get me home.

Attached Files

• Attached File  belt.JPG   65.44KB   10 downloads

• Davis and Jersey0311 like this

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

This is a fantastic idea, although I'd never be able to take it if I was flying anywhere, unless it was in checked baggage.

Nifty idea nonetheless, deserves some further thought on my part. Thanks for sharing!

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

Good find! When you pack what you have listed/pictured into the belt does it change the shape/thickness of the belt enough to either make it overly noticeable and/or uncomfortable to wear? How long is the zippered compartment?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#4 1219valleyforge

1219valleyforge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Good find! When you pack what you have listed/pictured into the belt does it change the shape/thickness of the belt enough to either make it overly noticeable and/or uncomfortable to wear? How long is the zippered compartment?

It can, when I first got it I went a little overboard in addition to what it has now , I had a micro fishing kit , fifty feet of Kevlar thread, and believe this  replaced the MAC tool with a leatherman Micra . Now at this point there was a noticeable bulge , and it did feel uncomfortable to sit in a car for more than an hour . I brought it down to the current configuration. I wear it every day and I cant notice any difference from any normal belt  . The Buckle is also can be a little weighty.    ISSUES:1 water purification tablets crush/melt because of body heat .2 Compass gets magnetized by all the metal .

Despite these work around this is a versatile piece of gear, you can change the contents to fit your needs add water bags, lose the knife, add a red Photon Light  go wild>  There is what I call the tipping point when it starts to pull your pants down instead of holding them up . The weight of this belt around your waist acts like some kind of abdominal toner when you take it off you can feel a difference in your core strength .

The zipper is 10 inches long it has .5 in of stuff space beyond both ends  for a total of just under 11 inches of inside pouch space , by 1 3/4 inches wide.

• Davis likes this

#5 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

I always consider my belt part of my EDC so it would be a good idea to think about puting more items in the belt. I also wondered about the thickness. Outside of a every day belt how well does it hold up as a shooting belt? Does it have a nice thickness to it? Does the items get in the way of belt loops?

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Definitely a cool idea and something I am going to have to look into further.  Have you seen how accessible it is while on when restrained?

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#7 1219valleyforge

1219valleyforge

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Definitely a cool idea and something I am going to have to look into further.  Have you seen how accessible it is while on when restrained?

So far I have been wearing this belt every day for the last 120 days it is very comfortable , I am working on improving the contents trial and error looking for the smallest items .

If you get in a jam the first thing they are going to do is take this away ( if they detect it )from you . Drop this belt and stash it so you can come back to it later . take the ceramic razor blade and cuff key with you . Use your best training and imagination for the rest . Last thing I forgot to mention the weight of this buckle makes this a Fantastic flail defense weapon. good luck

#8 Joemetro

Joemetro

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Edc.

Attached Files

#9 SS2014

SS2014

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Cool. Im starting to learn and get more of this type of stuff. I think more people are thinking about E&E / SERE nowadays.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users