22 replies to this topic

#1 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

I have Steyr M9A1 grey market that is downright hard to find holsters for. That being said I think I have it narrowed to two options.

Blade-tech Nano $59
http://shop.blade-te...ml#.UuQVGCMo7cc

Raven Concealment ACR $110
http://raven-conceal...-carry-rig-acr/

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Well, I never considered Blade Tech until the extremely positive words spoken about them and their company here on the forums. I know they're going to be a go to for a new concealment holster for me.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I own an RCS product and it is a great holster, but I don't personally think it is worth the price point and very long lead time as compared to some other brands. If I were in your shoes I would go with the Blade-Tech. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#4 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I run a Comptac Minotaur. Carry a Sig Sauer P226 Dark Elite almost daily under a tshirt and it works really well.

Posted Image

#5 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

I've got two IWB's.  The INCOG by g-code and the SuperTuck by Crossbreed Holsters.  The Crossbreed is without question the most comfortable holster I've ever used.  And the gun (S&W M&P .40c) completely disappears when I carry at 4:00.  Couldn't recommend it enough.  And they make one for your Steyr as well.  

• LongHaul likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#6 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

I also use the Crossbreed SuperTuck. I carry an XDS and my holster is comfortable and keeps everything well concealed. I checked the Crossbreed website to see if he makes the holster for the Steyr M9A1 and he does.

• SacRyan likes this

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#7 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

I used to roll a Crossbreed, but I switched to Comptac and won't look back. I love the fit and finish and adaptability of changing the face plate.

89BccLb.png

#8 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

I've had so many different holsters for the different guns on different platforms, I'm really starting to look more at the G-Code RTI series since it's all modular and it seems like their entire line has a good following. I also have a Crossbreed IWB and it is amazingly comfortable and concealable, but it is a lot of material for an IWB. 

-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#9 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Ran crossbreed for years but after the comptac Minotaur came out I'll never go back
Posted Image

#10 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

I have the M9A1 as well check out SHTFgear they make a hybrid style IWB holster for the steyr that is a decent holster mine has held up well over the last 8 months or so.  I don't carry the steyr as often as its ejection is still rather anemic but the holster is solid.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#11 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Also as for blade tech I was one of the people that posted good words about them. Their customer service is impecable and couldn't have been better I ended up with a minor defect in a holster I got from them and I called them and that same day had a fedex 2 day air return label in my email.  I got it back to them and they promptly got the issue addressed and a new holster mailed back using the same fast shipping.  The entire time they were helpful and worked hard to make the issue right.  As a result I ended up buying 2 aditional holsters and accessories from them to replace a perfectly functionional holster from another major maker who's customer service after they sent me the wrong cowling was definitely sub par with the bare minimum being done and it taking weeks of me hounding them to get me a new part while they had my money the entire time.  So I wouldn't have any resverations if you decide to go the blade-tech route they are who I send all my friends to these days.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#12 Krono34

Krono34

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

I have a Blade Tech IWB for a Glock 26 and its awesome. Weighs nothing and its thin with good retention and accessibility. I have not personally used the Crossbreeds but plan on getting one soon due to my friends loving theirs
'OVER THE LINE! This isn't Nam Smokey, there are rules... MARK IT ZERO!'

#13 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

I love my Crossbreed Supertuck with one exception. It started making a loud creeking noise when I walk. It sounds like I'm riding into town on a horse. It's seriously loud. Like, wake my family up when I'm moving around in the morning loud. I've got to figure out how to quiet the thing down a bit. I'm pretty sure the noise is being caused by the belt clips rubbing against the leather backing. Other than sounding like I'm riding around on a horse the holster is great.

#14 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I love my Crossbreed Supertuck with one exception. It started making a loud creeking noise when I walk. It sounds like I'm riding into town on a horse. It's seriously loud. Like, wake my family up when I'm moving around in the morning loud. I've got to figure out how to quiet the thing down a bit. I'm pretty sure the noise is being caused by the belt clips rubbing against the leather backing. Other than sounding like I'm riding around on a horse the holster is great.

Mine did that, I used a handkerchief as a short term work around, fold it and place it between the holster and the belt clips. Its not ideal and it doesn't fix the problem, but it will buy you time till the weekend. I forgot what I did to actually fix it, but shortly later I switched to the Comptac MTAC. 

• LongHaul likes this

89BccLb.png

#15 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Mine did that, I used a handkerchief as a short term work around, fold it and place it between the holster and the belt clips. Its not ideal and it doesn't fix the problem, but it will buy you time till the weekend. I forgot what I did to actually fix it, but shortly later I switched to the Comptac MTAC. 

I take it that the Comptac MTAC doesn't make the same loud saddle noise. Is it quiet?

#16 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Have you tried a leather conditioning rub?  I use my crossbreed almost daily for the past 5 years and I've never heard any sort of sounds coming from it.

NoTMZyB.png

#17 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Have you tried a leather conditioning rub?  I use my crossbreed almost daily for the past 5 years and I've never heard any sort of sounds coming from it.

I've used mine daily for about a year (except for 3 months while my XDS was at the factory for a recall.) It always made a little leather creaking noise, but lately it's been getting out of control. Is your crossbreed cowhide or horsehide? He offers both. I wonder if it makes a difference.

#18 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

I'll give the leather conditioner a try. That's what he suggests in the paper that he sends with the holster. At first I thought that making the leather wetter or smoother would make the sound worse. Although with how loud the noise is now it's difficult to imagine it getting any worse.

#19 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

I'm not trying to bash the Crossbreed Supertuck by the way. It really is a very comfortable and very concealable holster with good retention and a good draw. I just hope that I can get the noisyness resolved so that it is more discreet.

#20 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

As with anything else it is always a matter of preference, but I am not a fan of the Crossbreed. It does seem to be a well made holster, but I just don't like wearing it. I don't like how big of a "foot print" it has.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users