#1 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Howdy all.

I've been kicking around the idea for awhile about getting a new bag.  Something on the smaller side.  At the moment, I'm leaning toward the MOAB 10 by 5.11 (I admit, I like the 5.11 stuff) or something along the lines of the Go Bags or,really what catches my eye is the the Hazard 4 Plan B.

I gotten myself to the idea of single strap versus a backpack, since I have several packs that work well.  This bag's primary role will be a truck bag or a work bag when I teach. Hence my main hang up on the Plan B is not enough room for a clip board or small lap top.  But in short, I dont pan on hiking with it or walking long distances with it. But keep it small enough to stash in the truck, vehicle, or desk, etc. 

Id love input from anyone on ideas or other brands.  I admit, cost is an option.  So under 150.     (Or if any one has something taking space in a the closet id be all for picking up something from a member.   

Tu7wwUX.png?1

"Opportunity favors the prepared."

#2 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Does the bag need to support spare ammo and a handgun or more admin/mobile office type contents?

The 5.11 Rush Delivery messenger style bags are pretty good, I have one of the original ones that I have been dragging around for about 5 years now and it's still going strong. As far as sling packs go, the Moab 10 is a good setup from what I've seen and heard. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#3 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

How much padding do those Rush Delivery bags have for the laptop?

89BccLb.png

#4 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

It's decent, probably about 1/4" padding, at least in mine, not sure if they have changed it in the new ones or not. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#5 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Thanks! None of my "full line" dealers have the damn messenger bags in stock.

89BccLb.png

#6 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

i'm a big fan of the Hazard 4 switchback sling bag. it's a little bit bigger than the Plan B, but it's definitely not a full size bag like a 3 day assault bag. I use it for a work bag and it has plenty of room for laptops, documentation, and other bits-n-bobs. The admin panel on the front is very spacious and it has a padded second zippered area that can act as a laptop compartment and doubles as a hydration bladder area, complete with hanger and tube sleeve. the laptop/bladder area is "Fuzzy" inside to use with the Hazard 4 or ITS covert velcro holster. there is plenty of Mole/Pals webbing to attach extra pouches if you need more area. I was considering doing a review on the one i've been carrying for about 10 months now. the quality is superior to any of the 5.11 bags i've looked at in the past. i really can't say enough good things about this bag.

here it is at TD.

http://tacticaldistr...back-sling-pack

bkp-swtc-14.png

bkp-swtc-12.png

bkp-swtc-10.png

La'

• Davis likes this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#7 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

redsol1... that bag doesn't look to bad but I've been trying to avoid 100% mil. looking goods lately.

Plus I won't buy that bag unless it comes with the accessories which, i'm not sure, but I think it does not... if only it said in the pictures if they came with the bag or not.

Not a bad looking bag though.

Dirty, or is it Mr. Trigger... a really good slingbag that I liked but was just a hair small for my laptop was the Maxpedition Malaga... if it just fit my current laptop it would still be my goto bag.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#8 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

redsol1... that bag doesn't look to bad but I've been trying to avoid 100% mil. looking goods lately.

Plus I won't buy that bag unless it comes with the accessories which, i'm not sure, but I think it does not... if only it said in the pictures if they came with the bag or not.

Not a bad looking bag though.

Dirty, or is it Mr. Trigger... a really good slingbag that I liked but was just a hair small for my laptop was the Maxpedition Malaga... if it just fit my current laptop it would still be my goto bag.

DStevenson,

the black and coyote colorways are a bit subtler than the A-TACS i picked up.

I know what you mean about the accessories. i wish i'd known the bag didn't come with a SBR AR-15.

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#9 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Dirty, or is it Mr. Trigger... 

You can call me what ever you want..  Heck, you can call me anytime.   O_O

Redsol, That is a sweet bag, but I think its a bit big.  And, I am afraid I think its a bit out of my budget.  

I admit, this is a bag I don't need, just want.  (There I said it, I have gearwhoritis) So with that said, I keep going round with what to get and what exactly it is I am looking for.   At this point, the one logical thing that keeps me getting centered on my decision is size.  I have a regular cab, 1999 Dodge 4x4. There is a fair amount room behind the seats, so I want to make sure it fits back there with out much trouble.  

So that said, I have tailored my search a bit and I have figured out that the 4HAZ, Plan B is actually to big.  

Couple things that have perked my interest.   

Still looking at 5.11 MOAB 10  (Maybe 6) 

Found this, more the size for back of the cab friendly...

http://www.tacticald...ac-rocket-sling

But, you guys have me looking at messenger bags in a different light.  They could fit well.  Hold stuff and serve muliti- purpose.  But, most of I've seen, are a little more then I can afford.  I will be doing some looking into those for some homework and shopping.  

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#10 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

How about this?

http://www.skdtac.co...g-p/sot.502.htm

#11 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ahhh  Beaucoup. That's the damn bag that got the whole thing started with me.

That design would fit nice in my truck.

http://www.skdtac.co...g-p/sot.513.htm

And they have it ranger green.  One of the reason awhile ago I passed was they only had in multicam.  Not the I dont mind, but I preferred not.   But now...  Argh.  That has my attention as I few RG pouches left over from my old kit.   Nice size. 

I think I need to reach out to SKD, I wonder if they have it in stock.

Edited by DirtyTrigger, 13 August 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#12 Beaucoup VC

Beaucoup VC

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

That's why I'm here, my dude. To smooth out the bumps in the road. I have ordered many times from that awesome company. If the color is listed, it's in stock. And five dollars flat-rate priority shipping? Plus they'll throw in a nice sticker for your truck or gunbox too! 

Edited by Beaucoup VC, 13 August 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#13 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

Not sure if either of these are in line with what you're looking at, but I find them both to be a tad sexy.

http://www.vanquest....0-backpack.html

http://www.vanquest....-slingpack.html

NoTMZyB.png

#14 Appattack

Appattack

Mate

• Life Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, NV

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

I have a Moab6 as my truck bag. I love it and it carry's everything I need it to, but it is rather small. The concealed carry pouch barely fits a Glock19 with a 17 magazine..... barely. I got mine in black and it looks pretty discreet; like a camera bag. Admittedly, I'm a 5.11 bag whore, so I may be biased. I've got all of mine (11 so far!) when a certain tactical site has them for %20 off, which is quite frequently.

• DirtyTrigger and Beaucoup VC like this
Muster 2, GR Challenges 840/1036, Navigator 006

#15 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Not sure if either of these are in line with what you're looking at, but I find them both to be a tad sexy.

SwatDog,

That is a sweet bag.   Might be more then Im looking for but your right, damn sexy

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#16 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Yeah.  I've really liked what that company has been doing.  I think I remember reading somewhere that they wound up getting one of the Maxpedition guys to come on board; and it really shows.  The Javelin is clearly a Sitka knock-off, but they hit on all the right design points.  The Trident-20 is a really nice backpack, and I've considered it for my motorcycle bag (my Vertx Gamut is a little too big for that roll). Also, how many companies are actually making bags in the new black multicam color?  Talk about sexious maximums!  I've also seen some images of their IBEX-30 bag, it looks a lot like the Arc'Teryx Khard 30.  I can't wait to see what the final product is like.

• DirtyTrigger likes this

NoTMZyB.png

#17 DirtyTrigger

DirtyTrigger

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 447 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

Im still on the hunt for a bag.  All though my funding got lowered for a bit.  Joys of being self employed... hard to come, easy to go.  

But in my research, Blackhawk has a line if Go Bags sling style. THey seem to offer something long the lines I like.  One, I prefer this bag to be a bit "stiffer".  Easier to root through things for knick knacks.   And has adjustable dividers that can be velcroed in   Nice touch.

When I figure something out, Ill post it up.  Lots of good ideas in this thread.

Tu7wwUX.png?1

#18 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm in a similar place, only I was hoping to spend a lot less than $150. My basic requirements are messenger bag style, holds a laptop and has a pocket which could conceal a firearm. So far, the most intriguing bag I've found is only sold at Bass Pro Shop (there aren't any in MN). If it'll hold my laptop, I'll probably get it.

http://www.basspro.c...ct/1406191936/ 

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#19 USMC

USMC

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

I have a Moab6 as my truck bag. I love it and it carry's everything I need it to, but it is rather small. The concealed carry pouch barely fits a Glock19 with a 17 magazine..... barely. I got mine in black and it looks pretty discreet; like a camera bag. Admittedly, I'm a 5.11 bag whore, so I may be biased. I've got all of mine (11 so far!) when a certain tactical site has them for %20 off, which is quite frequently.

I also have the Moab 6 and love it. It's my truck bag and even though it's on the small side it fits everything I need in it

#20 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

I'm not keen on vanquest as all their products seem to be a carbon copy of another. Hopefully they'll grow out of that.

Maybe check out the direct action messengers?

Edited by Corbs, 03 March 2015 - 02:07 PM.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users