Photo

Where are all the ranges and places to shoot?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Secureskies

Secureskies

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Just kind of throwing the question out there to see where the good places to shoot are? Any good competitions going on regularly? I know of one place up at Brookville Lake, but it's run by the state. No weapons in holsters. You have to fire static. Great place to start bad habits.

#2 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

I'm nowhere close to your neck of the woods, but I do know that Range Time TS is based up Indiana, from all accounts they seem to be a pretty outstanding place to shoot and train; they have a pretty huge online following and do a lot of classes and videos. 

Here is a link to their website: https://www.rangetimets.com/

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#3 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

They are a nice group of people and have(had) a great range.

Sounds funny saying it this way but they are currently between ranges.  I don't know if it's open while they construct the new one but they lost their current range to some city ordinances and complaints from local yokels.

• Davis likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#4 jbutz

jbutz

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

I've been to two DNR ranges. Wilbur Wright and Sugar Ridge. Both of them say no holsters and you have to be static. The range master at Wilbur on the weekends is a real ass. Sugar Ridge has DNR driving by every once in a while, but no one on site. Generally if you have some other like minded people there they will agree to take turns shooting in front of the benches so you don't have to shoot at 25 yards.

From what I can tell your best bet for good ranges is to find a private one you like and join or find a friend with enough land that you can shoot on their property.

#5 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

They are a nice group of people and have(had) a great range.

Sounds funny saying it this way but they are currently between ranges.  I don't know if it's open while they construct the new one but they lost their current range to some city ordinances and complaints from local yokels.

I had not heard that they lost the battle on that. I knew they were dealing with it but I missed the report that they county ruled against them, that sucks!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users