• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RA09

RA09

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

I bought a pair of the hellflys and opted for the photochromatic lens because I'm in and out of structures constantly during my shift. I don't know if I got a slightly defective pair or if they are not meant to be as much for sunlight but on the box the picture of the lens transition shows a very dark end state similar to the regular sunglass lens however it is not the case in practice. The lens do not get much darker than the initial clear state. Is this a defect or design? I find myself still having problems with even moderate sunlight while wearing these lens. I'm liking the rest of the platform but was hoping for darker lenses. Is this normal? Ryan
Posted Image

#2 RevisionEyewear

RevisionEyewear

Swabbie

• ITS Sponsor
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

We will look into this issue for you and send you a message with more details.
Be Revision Ready. http://www.revisioneyewear.com

#3 Tac Rev

Tac Rev

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Ryan, I have the exact same setup as you described. When I contacted the Revision folks I was informed that under direct UV contact (meaning outside of your vehicle, etc) you will experience better results. If you are in your vehicle they will get a bit darker, but your vehicle glass will filter some of the UV rays and not allow them to achieve the full tint. It makes sense, but I was also hoping for a darker tint transition.
Will

#4 RA09

RA09

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one to experience it. That being said, I have nothing but great things to say about Revision and their staff. Whomever I have been in contact with regarding this issue has already sent me out a pair of the polarized to try. After two days of use I am sold on them. My eyes seem to be more sensitive to light than most people and I definitely need the darker tint. I sat the glasses in direct sunlight all day every day for a week and had various friends and household members check them at different times of day and they never got dark. I stood outside for an hour cutting the grass and doing yard work and they never got dark so my thinking is the coating Revision refers to is just not dark enough for my taste. My hope was to wear them throughout my entire shift, in and out of buildings, to take advantage of the ballistic qualities as well as the tint but while they were great inside, I couldn't get by with the minimal tint outside so I am going to make great use out of the new pair they sent me.
Posted Image

#5 swimr235

swimr235

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 14 posts
  • LocationI dunno...south...the deepest of souths.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Im looking to get a pair myself, exact same specs. Looking to use it for both range and casual wear.

- nick :headbang:
“Audentes fortuna iuvat”
- Virgil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users