11 replies to this topic

#1 1Warrior

1Warrior

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hello all!!!

Came across ITS Tactical while surfing the web one day and am really into what there doing and the direction they are headed.  Everything I have seen on Youtube and read is outstanding.  Little bit about myself:

I Grew up in a small town in northern Minnesota.  Followed my father (USN Retired) and older brother's (Parachute Rigger) footsteps and joined the US Navy in 1984.  Attended basic training in San Diego, California in 1985.  Spent 12 years on active duty at various commands before becoming a Police Officer full time in California in 1997.  Remained in the Navy and spent 8 years in the US Navy Reserves at various commands before retiring in 2004 while still a Police Officer.  Was mobilized after 9/11 to the Middle East for a year. 

Currently a Police Officer in California where I have worked Patrol, SWAT and Metro. Not a desk guy. Been a LEO for 19 years now.   Married with 2 sons (14) and (10).  Love the outdoors and everything tactical/survival/self reliance related.  I am 48 years old have experience in various areas and look forward to contributing here.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.  I will do my best to answer and if I don't know the answer I will find it and get back to you.  As for everyone here at ITS and this Forum who has served this Great Nation!!  I thank you personally for your dedicated service and to those who have sacrificed it all, you are with us!!!  Warriors Never Die!!!

• mikejulietpapa, Davis, Beaucoup VC and 2 others like this

#2 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Welcome aboard!

89BccLb.png

#3 1Warrior

1Warrior

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thank you Salty Dog!!

#4 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Welcome to the ITS Forum. It sounds like you have a pretty awesome background and will fit in quite well here. 

A quick note on the names, and don't worry as this seems to get confused by everybody new here, but the members forum name appears in the gray bar above their post, "Salty Dog" is a title in reference to number of posts, similar to how yours is "Landluber." Those titles are really all quite pointless if you ask me, but that's just my opinion. 

Again, welcome and I look forward to your contributions. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#5 1Warrior

1Warrior

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thank you for correcting me I should have known since I am not new to forums.  Boy do I feel like an idiot.   Thanks for the welcome.  

• mangeface and Davis like this

#6 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

Welcome aboard! And don't feel like an idiot. It's almost getting to the point that it'd be strange if someone didn't make that mistake in their first few posts! ;)

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

Welcome aboard! And don't feel like an idiot. It's almost getting to the point that it'd be strange if someone didn't make that mistake in their first few posts! ;)

I second that.

Welcome to the forums.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#8 1Warrior

1Warrior

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Awesome thanks LongHaul and mangeface for the kind words/welcome.  LongHaul, I noticed your from Alaska.  If you ever need any custom hand made leather bushcraft gear get in contact with my buddy from Deepwoods Leather, Ryan Townsend. He is up in Alaska area and has a website, Deepwoodsleather.com.  He makes some great stuff if your into it.    

#9 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Welcome 1Warrior! :beer:  Looks like we've been getting more socal guys lately.

#10 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Welcome! Good to see another MN native, even if you are in CA now. :-)

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#11 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

Welcome from the sam diego area

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#12 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

Welcome.  I know a guy in Southern California too... His name is Jon, do you know him?

I kid of course, but welcome.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users