• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BenBRockN

BenBRockN

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

I like the hats from the ITS Tactical store (here: http://www.itstactic...its-crew-cover/)

But I think they should be more... useful.

I found this hat from ScamStuff (the online store from the YouTube Channel ScamSchool) here http://www.scamstuff...-rogues-revenge

This hat is special in that there is a sewn-in back pouch containing BuckShot that if you are in a dangerous situation, you can use your hat as a weapon.

RogueRevengePouch_small_grande.jpg?v=139

Can I request ITS Tactical to create these for their caps? Would anyone else buy one?

Edited by BenBRockN, 06 November 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

Depending on how the cops wanted to proceed, it could be illegal in ca due to the laws against ownings saps or blackjacks.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 Hidyn

Hidyn

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

I was looking at those a couple days ago and was wondering where exactly they would place the weight.

Now I know!

I like the idea but it seems gimmicky with that set up.

Does that thing actually have some heft to it? If so, is it low profile or is there a noticable lump at the back of your head?

#4 BenBRockN

BenBRockN

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

Depending on how the cops wanted to proceed, it could be illegal in ca due to the laws against ownings saps or blackjacks.

I'm really glad I don't live in CA, I hear the laws are ridiculous for gun owners or any self defense survivalists. You do have a point though, it is more of an improvised weapon but I suppose some states may see it as "deadly" and require a concealed carry licence like Kentucky does. I would never consider it deadly though, and a smart judge should see that. Should...

I was looking at those a couple days ago and was wondering where exactly they would place the weight.
Now I know!
I like the idea but it seems gimmicky with that set up.
Does that thing actually have some heft to it? If so, is it low profile or is there a noticable lump at the back of your head?

On that link I gave, there is a YouTube video where they show it off. The pouch is in the back of the cap, and supposedly by their site the buckshot is made from a material that is denser than lead. With the leverage of swinging the cap back, I assume it would have enough force to seriously bruise someone. It would be more of a first-grab weapon, to get some distance between you and your opponent, but my thinking is: any weapon is better than no weapon.

I don't know about how it fits or feels on the head, I was wanting to buy one, but I never got around to it.

#5 BenBRockN

BenBRockN

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

EDIT:  @Psybain,

I recently found this hat (http://www.defensede...CFTMQ7AodTVwAYA) that uses birdshot instead of buckshot (I wouldn't buy it to be honest), but it does list itself as a sap weapon.

So I do believe that you are right about it being a sap and that Law Enforcement would see it that way, so I think a CCWL (depending on the state and its regs for bludgeoning weapons) would be required or at least desirable to have.

#6 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

Yeah, it's always good to review your state's weapon laws before buying an unusual/exotic weapon of any kind. Especially when the liberals are (and have been) firmly in control like in CA.

On the bright side, numerous lawsuits are working their way through the system to get a number of the gun laws thrown out for being unconstitutional.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#7 Clarence

Clarence

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

I like the hats from the ITS Tactical store (here: http://www.itstactic...its-crew-cover/)

But I think they should be more... useful.

I found this hat from ScamStuff (the online store from the YouTube Channel ScamSchool) here http://www.scamstuff...-rogues-revenge

This hat is special in that there is a sewn-in back pouch containing BuckShot that if you are in a dangerous situation, you can use your hat as a weapon.

RogueRevengePouch_small_grande.jpg?v=139

Can I request ITS Tactical to create these for their caps? Would anyone else buy one?

Theyre cool.. I'd like one too but how can we have it legally? I found this tactical caps from this site http://www.texastacticalhats.com/. I'd love to buy them..

281146395.jpg 281146398.jpg

#8 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

ScamStuff even calls it a Black Jack "its dark secret is its half-pound of non-toxic heavier-then-lead buckshot sewn into the back, transforming the hat into a functional black jack". They also have a "Legal Notice" at the bottom about checking local laws before purchasing. That's usually a good sign its probably not legal everywhere in the states. So always check local and state laws on items like this. Hate to see people get hemmed up because they are simply defending themselves. Just another reason to stay outa Cali. for me. haha

Reviews do say its comfortable and the added weight is easy to get used to. Just not the style of hat I would typically wear but they look good.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#9 rottenit

rottenit

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in MN thats not cool

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

Love to try a couple of drills with it see how easy you can work with it. Also kind of curious how hard it would hit.

#10 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

I can see this going over not very well in Canada. I would check local laws but I can see there being issues about premeditation. 

I also question how comfortable that hat would be to wear. I can see the buck  shot digging in in the worst possible way

#11 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

I'm really glad I don't live in CA, I hear the laws are ridiculous for gun owners or any self defense survivalists. You do have a point though, it is more of an improvised weapon but I suppose some states may see it as "deadly" and require a concealed carry licence like Kentucky does. I would never consider it deadly though, and a smart judge should see that. Should...

On that link I gave, there is a YouTube video where they show it off. The pouch is in the back of the cap, and supposedly by their site the buckshot is made from a material that is denser than lead. With the leverage of swinging the cap back, I assume it would have enough force to seriously bruise someone. It would be more of a first-grab weapon, to get some distance between you and your opponent, but my thinking is: any weapon is better than no weapon.

I don't know about how it fits or feels on the head, I was wanting to buy one, but I never got around to it.

One of the more bizarre things I learned in the NC CC class was that the permit is specifically "concealed carry handgun"  it is NOT "concealed carry weapon", so the standard law applies to any other type of weapon including knives, etc regardless of whether one has a CCH or not.

Seemed really strange to me.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tactical, hat, cap, store, buckshot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users