53 replies to this topic

#21 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

Very cool. How thin is it when loaded up (4-5 cards + 6 or so bills)? 

I use a BigSkinny card holder in my front pocket right now. Would love to get one of these bad boys, but it looks too thick for front pocket carry.

#22 Sanitized

Sanitized

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Will a passport fit in the wallet in any way?

#23 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:47 AM

When one of you guys get yours please let us know if it is too big for front pocket carry.

I also keep my wallet in my front pocket but sure want one of these bad ass wallets

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#24 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a hypalon checkbook style wallet.  Regular bifold wallets get too thick with a bunch of cards since they all end up stacked on top of eachother.  The check style wallets feel thinner to me even with a check book in them.  The cards only overlap a little so they don't bulk up.  And cash stays flat.

#25 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

Will a passport fit in the wallet in any way?

I don't believe a passport will fit in the wallet. At least not without sticking out. 

#26 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

When one of you guys get yours please let us know if it is too big for front pocket carry.

I also keep my wallet in my front pocket but sure want one of these bad ass wallets

If you’re used to a slimmer than the standard bi-fold wallet design for your front pocket, you may find this to be a bit bulky. It’s really meant for your back pocket but it also will depend on how much you load it with. Maxing out the cards slots and having cash and the optional Wallet Entry Kit will most likely make it too big for front pocket carry.

• DieselD likes this

#27 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

OK, I just noticed that you can purchase the RFID sleeve separate, but not the entry kit. Any chance that will be offered separately?

La'

At this time, the Wallet Entry Kit is only sold as an option for the Wallet. If you want some of the similar items, you could however look into the ITS Urban Kit and the Bogota Flat Ti 2-Piece. It's a little more cost but you get a few extra items the Wallet Entry Kit doesn't include. 

#28 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

At this time, the Wallet Entry Kit is only sold as an option for the Wallet. If you want some of the similar items, you could however look into the ITS Urban Kit and the Bogota Flat Ti 2-Piece. It's a little more cost but you get a few extra items the Wallet Entry Kit doesn't include. 

Mike,

I wrote Rob and changed the order to the wallet with the entry kit since they hadn't finished packing the order, so i'm good to go.

La'

• mikejulietpapa likes this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#29 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

Look what came in the mail today...  :headbang: 

Wallet.jpg 

Edited by MightyP, 17 November 2014 - 02:21 PM.

• LongHaul, Davis and DieselD like this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#30 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

The post man says mine hit my local post office this early morning so I am hoping that means it will be in my mail box when I get home this evening, but if not, for sure tomorrow. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#31 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

I ordered mine the morning after they hit the store and I just now (as I was typing this) got my "A Box of Awesome is Headed Your Way!" email. It'll probably be here on Friday. Yet another reason to move to the lower 48. Ugh, reasons are starting to pile up! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the most expensive wallet I've ever owned.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#32 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

I like the artistic touch in your photo MightyP. Classy!

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#33 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

If you’re used to a slimmer than the standard bi-fold wallet design for your front pocket, you may find this to be a bit bulky. It’s really meant for your back pocket but it also will depend on how much you load it with. Maxing out the cards slots and having cash and the optional Wallet Entry Kit will most likely make it too big for front pocket carry.

Thanks a lot for the response Mike.

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#34 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

I didn't order one after all, I am one of those front pocket wallet folks and it didn't look likely to fit well compared to my current. I wish they would make a front pocket version.

89BccLb.png

#35 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Alright, folks. Got the wallet put together and took some measurements for those of you who aren't sure whether this is the wallet for you. I also have some initial thoughts on it. You know. Since I've been on this forum so long and my opinion is obviously worth its weight in gold... [insert extreme sarcasm]

Went from my old Docker's leather tri-fold wallet to this. No complaints about the Docker's wallet. It served me well, but it's 7+ years old and I was ready for something new. 

My old wallet was between 1 1/8" thick and 1 1/4" thick, depending on how I measure it. That's with 12 credit/ID cards, 3 insurance cards (thinner than credit cards), 9 bandaids, 5 physical bills, and a handcuff key.

The ITS wallet is between 1" and 1 1/8" thick, again, depending on how I measure it. So it's slightly thinner. This includes the entry kit, 9 cards, the 3 insurance cards, 7 bandaids, 5 bills and the handcuff key.

The material is pretty high friction. Everything stays in place extremely well. I would be surprised if someone could take this wallet out of my back pocket without me noticing. The down side is the cards are harder to get in and out, but I'm guessing once the wallet breaks in a bit, it'll get easier. That said, I don't know how you'd get more than 8 cards in the wallet and still be able to get them in and out. Three of the 9 cards in my wallet would take some time to get out, if I needed to get at them.

Obviously, the wallet still needs to form to my butt, but I'm happy so far. The few things I had to pull out of my wallet probably shouldn't have been in there anyway, and the stuff I've added is awesome.

IMG_20141117_1843302.jpg

Edited by MightyP, 17 November 2014 - 07:45 PM.

• Davis and EMSWxSAR like this

ITSSignature2.png

#36 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

I like the artistic touch in your photo MightyP. Classy!

Thanks!

ITSSignature2.png

#37 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ and Boston, MA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:44 PM

I want to buy one, BUT I already have an entry kit. Does anyone know if the wallets without the entry kit option still come with the entry kit flaps to fill on your own?

#38 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

I want to buy one, BUT I already have an entry kit. Does anyone know if the wallets without the entry kit option still come with the entry kit flaps to fill on your own?

Yes, the flaps are sewn into the wallet, they are an integrated part of it, regardless of if you purchase the entry kit with it or not. 

• Poochalottamus likes this

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#39 Poochalottamus

Poochalottamus

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ and Boston, MA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Yes, the flaps are sewn into the wallet, they are an integrated part of it, regardless of if you purchase the entry kit with it or not. 

Thanks brother.

• Davis likes this

#40 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

Had a thought about my new wallet and was wondering if anyone who was already carrying entry tools has run into this. (Yes, I now have entry tools and no idea how to use them)

What do you do when you have to go through security? When you fly? Go into a court room? I'm assuming there's enough metal that it would set off most detectors if you kept it on you. I'm also assuming the rolled up metal wire would catch some attention going through x-ray. Wondering if I need to keep my old wallet for certain occasions.
  • Davis likes this

ITSSignature2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users