• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewolf90

Lonewolf90

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hello Everyone! I've been looking for the "right bag" for some time but I'm getting nowhere fast. I want a Go Bag/Active Shooter type bag. I'm looking for something that is big enough to fit a chest rig (like an HSP D3), medical supplies, extra pistol, flashlight, batteries, gloves, weapons maintenance kit, ear pro, extra mags (that are not in the chest rig)... Ect. I have a LBT Assault pack that I use for extra clothes/edc type stuff, and it is a nice pack, however it has pretty much zero organization to it... And I hate that. I know there are many different companies that make "Active Shooter Bags," however, most are not big enough to store a chest rig in. It just nice to keep everything in one place... at least for me it is. This bag would be going from the house to the vehicle, but I would like to throw it on quickly if necessary. I have considered the Rush 12, the 5.11 messenger series, and the SO Tech Go Pack. I'm sure there are many other options out there, and I know each person has different preferences which is why I came here for answers. I'm just looking for opinions and ideas to hopefully develop my final decision as to which route I will take regarding the pack. I just need to find something different than this LBT Assault Pack. Its a great pack for hiking/camping, extra clothes, ect. But I need some organization. Thanks in advance!

#2 Darth_BeZee

Darth_BeZee

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

Have you looked at the ATS Raid Pack or something from Kifaru?? They seem to come packed full of molle which could allow you to add pouches for specific items like med kit and the like. Tho the added cost of pouches is a bit of a turn off for the majority 

Spelling or Grammar errors brought to you by alcohol or phone apps

#3 Lonewolf90

Lonewolf90

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

Have you looked at the ATS Raid Pack or something from Kifaru?? They seem to come packed full of molle which could allow you to add pouches for specific items like med kit and the like. Tho the added cost of pouches is a bit of a turn off for the majority

I'll have to take a gander at those. I asked this question to HSP and they stated that they will be releasing a new pack in 2015 (look at their Facebook page) ... It might be worth the wait?! Hmmm... 

#4 Darth_BeZee

Darth_BeZee

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

I admit I drink the HSP kool-aide as well as I own the D3 and love his videos. but that pack looks exactly like this one http://store.kifaru....liters-p56.aspx

But it's buyers choice, HSP has tremendous mark up due to his name, I mean heck, watch his videos on Panteao and Magpul, it's the exact same info 

Spelling or Grammar errors brought to you by alcohol or phone apps

#5 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

5.11 Moab 10

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

http://haleystrategi...ncog_rifle_bag/

http://themoatgroup....creet-rifle-bag

Problem solved.

Fuck fighting from a bag, personally. Use the bag to store your shit and pull from it before you go break someone's balls.

Edited by Jersey0311, 23 November 2014 - 01:30 PM.

• Davis, CrazyD and schüler like this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#7 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

I really like the Incog bag. I'll invest in one whenthe time comes on the priority list haha.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#8 Lonewolf90

Lonewolf90

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

http://haleystrategi...ncog_rifle_bag/

http://themoatgroup....creet-rifle-bag

Problem solved.

Fuck fighting from a bag, personally. Use the bag to store your shit and pull from it before you go break someone's balls.

I agree. It just finding a bag big enough to store all my crap in an organized fashion that isn't the size of a car trunk Lol.

I admit I drink the HSP kool-aide as well as I own the D3 and love his videos. but that pack looks exactly like this one http://store.kifaru....liters-p56.aspx

But it's buyers choice, HSP has tremendous mark up due to his name, I mean heck, watch his videos on Panteao and Magpul, it's the exact same info 

I don't know if that is the actual HSP pack they will be releasing. HSP responded to my question by stating, "We use an HSP Designed pack we are hoping to bring to market in 2015." The pack in the picture I will agree is probably the EE from Kifaru.

#9 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

I agree. It just finding a bag big enough to store all my crap in an organized fashion that isn't the size of a car trunk Lol.

I don't know if that is the actual HSP pack they will be releasing. HSP responded to my question by stating, "We use an HSP Designed pack we are hoping to bring to market in 2015." The pack in the picture I will agree is probably the EE from Kifaru.

I feel that the rifle bag is a good catch all solution, because it also stores your rifle. It also fits into a Pelican case, which is another bonus.

I have many bags that hold the items you listed above. Hell that's a typical range bag list for most ITS personnel. The problem comes when trying to figure out a storage solution for a long gun. The HSP bag fills that void.  Instead of carrying 2 bags, or opening up one and fighting from another, you open up one, grab your shit, and proceed to dispense freedom.

If you're going to carry items to support a rifle, then you need a rifle to support, otherwise just stashing rifle mags is dead weight.

The rifle is arguably the sword of the 21st century. It's the modern day king of weapons. No active shooter kit really is complete without a rifle. A shotgun is a poor substitute, and a pistol is your means to get to the rifle.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Plus you can just have to worry about bringing in one bag versus a bag, support gear, rifle case, and other nonsense in and out everyday.

Edited by Jersey0311, 23 November 2014 - 04:43 PM.

• Davis and CrazyD like this

TBL-2.png

#10 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

I would really like the Incog Discrete bag. It is on my list for sure. And honestly, regarding price, $170 is not bad. I know somebody above said that there is a huge markup on HSP products because of the name, but I would disagree. The HSP product line is not cheap, but at least regarding this rifle bag, for what you get $170 is not a bad price at all. The craftsmanship is top notch and this is made in America which always comes at a premium. I have a fair bit of knowledge when it comes to what it cost to manufacturer high quality nylon goods in America and it is not a low cost process. 

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#11 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

I would really like the Incog Discrete bag. It is on my list for sure. And honestly, regarding price, $170 is not bad. I know somebody above said that there is a huge markup on HSP products because of the name, but I would disagree. The HSP product line is not cheap, but at least regarding this rifle bag, for what you get $170 is not a bad price at all. The craftsmanship is top notch and this is made in America which always comes at a premium. I have a fair bit of knowledge when it comes to what it cost to manufacturer high quality nylon goods in America and it is not a low cost process. 

It's one of my next purchases. Hoping HSP has a Black Friday sale!

TBL-2.png

#12 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

Does us elite gear sell the bag? I know they're doing a black friday sale

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#13 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

Does us elite gear sell the bag? I know they're doing a black friday sale

Don't think so, a product search on their site didn't turn up anything unfortunately.

TBL-2.png

#14 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

I have their incog IWB holster for my 1911. some say high priced but the quality, fit, and comfort wearing it makes it WELL worth the money. Definitely top quality products.

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#15 Lonewolf90

Lonewolf90

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

I feel that the rifle bag is a good catch all solution, because it also stores your rifle. It also fits into a Pelican case, which is another bonus.

I have many bags that hold the items you listed above. Hell that's a typical range bag list for most ITS personnel. The problem comes when trying to figure out a storage solution for a long gun. The HSP bag fills that void.  Instead of carrying 2 bags, or opening up one and fighting from another, you open up one, grab your shit, and proceed to dispense freedom.

If you're going to carry items to support a rifle, then you need a rifle to support, otherwise just stashing rifle mags is dead weight.

The rifle is arguably the sword of the 21st century. It's the modern day king of weapons. No active shooter kit really is complete without a rifle. A shotgun is a poor substitute, and a pistol is your means to get to the rifle.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Plus you can just have to worry about bringing in one bag versus a bag, support gear, rifle case, and other nonsense in and out everyday.

All valid points and I think this is the route I'm going to take. Originally I didn't do any research into the case, and only saw a few pictures. I assumed it would be about the same size as a Pelican case. After reading what you had to say and doing a little more research you're 100% right and I think its the perfect bag for the job. I didn't realize that it had pockets designed to store a chest rig and other features to hold a second pistol and other gear. Thanks for the suggestion, and I will be buying one in the very near future that's for sure!

• Jersey0311 likes this

#16 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

All valid points and I think this is the route I'm going to take. Originally I didn't do any research into the case, and only saw a few pictures. I assumed it would be about the same size as a Pelican case. After reading what you had to say and doing a little more research you're 100% right and I think its the perfect bag for the job. I didn't realize that it had pockets designed to store a chest rig and other features to hold a second pistol and other gear. Thanks for the suggestion, and I will be buying one in the very near future that's for sure!

No problem. I was in a similar situation and needed a catch all bag for the car as well. It's the only solution that really fits my needs. Literally that bag, plus a PC, is all you need in your vehicle as far as a rifle and support gear, esp if you're LE bringing your shit to/from work. It's on the short list as well as a D3 rig and a Mayflower APC.

Edited by Jersey0311, 24 November 2014 - 10:01 AM.

TBL-2.png

#17 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

Just ordered the D3 black package, Mayflower APC w/ swift clip kit, and the rifle bag. Looking forward to getting it setup.

TBL-2.png

#18 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

They just released a heavy version of the d3cr now for 7.62 nato platforms.

Jersey, please tell me you took advantage of the skd sale for the mayflower apc

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#19 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

Of course, that's why I waited to order til after midnight CST
  • Psybain, Davis and CrazyD like this

TBL-2.png

#20 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Perfection is the ultimate procrastination tool.  

I know we don't have endless funds and making an educated choice is worth while but waiting for the sake of perfection is a fools errand.  Many of the bags listed here are good options and I'll bet there are tons more too. 

Pick one you think you'll like and wear it out!  Cause a perfect bag next month doesn't do F-all for a shooting tomorrow.

Buy a bag

Load it out

TRAIN

Evaluate

and as the shampoo bottle always says - rinse repeate

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users