• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

Anyone have any experience with Capps dress shoes? They seem to sell a lot to the military, but I have never done business with them before. 

I am searching for a reliable source of dress shoes that have some amount of support and come in 12.5. They need to be something I can stand in all day and even do physical activity in when needed. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

89BccLb.png

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

I had a set of corframs from capps, they were comparable to any of the bates corframs ive owned in the past.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

We might be talking about a different type of "Dress Shoes" but I've got nothing but good things to say about Allen Edmonds. They are made in 'Merica, can be resoled multiple times, and are crazy comfortable when you get them broken in. I've got a pair of Strands in walnut calf and love them.

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#4 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

I've been wanting to get a pair of Merrell Realms to wear with my suit. I wear Merrell most of the time, boots and sneakers. If they make a shoe that goes with my suit, I'm all over trying them. However, I wear my suit so infrequently, I just havent got to getting some yet.

#5 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

If I'm wearing my dress uniform or a suit, I'll be wearing my Loake oxfords. If you want more support, maybe chuck in a decent insole, just ensure there's room in the shoe for one.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#6 tremis

tremis

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

I just got a pair of Merrell Empire dress shoes. They arent as comfy as Merrell sneakers, but the sole is very "action oriented" I wouldn't feel like I was on ice if I had to do something out of the ordinary for dress shoes (run, fight etc). The good news is that with the frequency that I wear dress clothes these should last the rest of my life.

#7 leosavage

leosavage

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Usually if I need to dress up I just wear a nice pair of work boots lol. My danner bull run christys look great cleaned up and polished and would do very well in a pinch in pretty much any situation other than climbing due to the shallow tread wedge sole

#8 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

Another vote here for Allen Edmonds if budget supports.  I have 3 pair.  

These things I can wear and walk in all day with no problems.  I picked up a pair for $130 at the outlet with a custom "all weather" sole rather than the leather.  I've also seen people get Vibram lug soles on smooth bottom boots before.  

I don't think I'd wear them to go for a jog, but they're comfortable and solid, and if maintained should last a lifetime (resole every 10 years or so depending on frequency of wear).  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users