#1 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Rescue professionals -

I'm looking for additional training venues that provide IFSAC and/or ProBoard accreditation for their classes.  I'm only interested in US&R disciplines: Rope, Confined Space, Trench, and Structural Collapse.  If you know of schools in your AO that offer these courses with the accreditation, please let me know.  Thanks!

While I breathe I shall defend.

#2 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Northwest School of Survival Has some SAR classes for rope etc. 

UTS Has classes for Rescue Man Tracking

Posted Image

#3 Koopa

Koopa

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

I've heard CMC Rescue School is really good. I've always wanted to go. I don't think its ProBoard certified, but anyone who doesn't accept a certificate from CMC needs their head reexamined. That said, it's super expensive - even if I get my department to pay for it. Hence why I haven't gone. http://www.cmcrescue.../rescue-school/

For an accredited and more affordable option, look around at your local fire departments, especially larger cities/counties. In my area there are 5 prerequisite classes before you even get to the ones you listed. So it may take a while to get through the full series of classes, but they should be readily available. 

#4 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Well, you might be surprised.  The All Powerful Beings at National Guard Bureau, NGB being our AHJ, have no idea how things Really Work in the rescue world, but they are mandating that all of our rescue technicians have IFSAC/ProBoard certification.  Now, the Air Guard runs a rescue technician school out of North Carolina, in Albemarle, but it's only for firefighters.  We can only get slots if they drop short notice.  Most of us have rope, con space, and vehicle extrication, but we have a few (myself included) who still need structural collapse and trench so we can start becoming instructors ourselves.  I've looked into the local FD route - you'd think Spokane would be considered a reasonably large city, but our local fire academy doesn't have the accreditation.  So far we're going to be sending some people to TEEX down in Texas and Alabama Fire College.  Sometimes working for the government makes me really want to pull my hair out.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#5 shadowx79

shadowx79

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

You have found most of the places that do the trainings. It's really hard to find local departments with accredidation. Check out Specialized Rescue Inc. Just heard of them but they might be another route.

"I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives." ~Edward F. Croker
"...So Others May Live"- Rescue Swimmer Creed

#6 bigpac931

bigpac931

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

ttp://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/SFM/BFST/default.htm#.VMZziyiPLIp     its a long way from you but the rent the dorm rooms cheap should be able to get any class you want there .Most departments down here get to submit a lesson plan to them for what ever class they are teaching  and they issues the Cert. I dont know of any other in the state looking at the registration from that Org. because all schools  and departments submit there classes to the state fire college for Certification .

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: US&R, rescue, firefighter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users