• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farcyde07gti

farcyde07gti

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

Recently I received my Mepro Tru-Dot RDS and have had a chance to try it for the first time.  

Initial impression:  I like it.  

From order to fulfillment was a few months even though it was 'in stock' so keep that in mind if you order one.

I would guess the weight to be about 10 oz. with quick mount (included).  The battery is supposed to last a very long time and I like the auto-off and auto-on feature.  The objective is positively huge compared to something like an RMR and both eyes open is a breeze.  The dot does not bloom much (for me, astigmatism) and it is 1.8 MOA with four brightness settings, three visible.  The AAA battery can be changed without removing the sight.  Windage and elevation are easily adjustable and hold zero.  It has been totally functional so far and considering the discounted price I'm a big fan at the moment.  It absolute co-witnesses with irons on tavor so I think that means lower 1/3 on AR.  It is purported to work with NVG and the Mepro magnifiers as well.

If I had to gripe I would say the only thing is the dust cover type neoprene thing they send doesn't want to fit and has to means of retention so afield it would be used once and lost forever.  Perhaps if there were a after-market cover like for some of the EOT's that has a simple flip-up it would be a nice accessory.  There seems to be some parallax but with optic mounted scout style it is minimal and I need more time with it to confirm. 

https://www.themakog...077210&CAT=8637

Mepro_RDS_5__69310.1405410674.1280.1280.

Edited by farcyde07gti, 23 February 2015 - 06:37 PM.

• Fivesenenguy likes this

#2 farcyde07gti

farcyde07gti

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

After a month and several outings the Tru-Dot has no issues, no problems.  It is surprisingly fast to acquire given the 1.8-2 MOA dot but absolutely useful for accuracy work.  I really like the big objective because both eyes open work is instinctive and easy.  The auto-on auto-off feature works every time so I just leave it on all the time.  I accidentally on purpose whacked it on the range table (steel) when I was sighting in and it had no negative effect.  The flip levers are nice and tight.  The only other complaint I might have is the adjustments are very coarse (.5 MOA) but this isn't going to replace your 10x or whatever for distance work.

• Fivesenenguy likes this

#3 B+Shooter

B+Shooter

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 58 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Have you used other red dot optics?  I curious how it compares to an Aimpoint/Eotech as far as clarity/dot sharpness/surrounding "clutter"/etc.  It's seems to be in the same price range, I'm wondering what the advantages/disadvantages are.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: optic, red dot, sight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users