8 replies to this topic

#1 x2humbucker

x2humbucker

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

How many of you have seen this ammo review? It peaks my interest for a few reasons because I think it could improve the versatility of the 9mm. Could this be an adequate woods defense round for the 9mm? I don't have much background dealing with large game, but could this work? I've been eyeing a 10mm for that purpose. What are your thoughts?

#2 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

I carry a 10mm for hiking but if all you had was a 9mm this might be a good option for helping deal with four legged critters. 

The thing that cracked me up was how irritated he was with it penetrating so deep when the name is EXTREME PENETRATOR it was designed to have EXTREME penetrations....

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#3 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

That's uh, that's too much of a liability for me. I'll stick to Hornady Critical Duty rounds.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#4 x2humbucker

x2humbucker

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

I agree, that round has too much potential for me to use everyday. The only thing I could even see it potentially used for would be woods use. They make the same round for .380 which I haven't seen anything on yet, but I can't imagine it is too different. 

#5 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

I'm with you B3dlam, he was getting all worked up and I just thought wtf dude, it's doing exactly what you purchased it for!

• mangeface likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

I'm with you B3dlam, he was getting all worked up and I just thought wtf dude, it's doing exactly what you purchased it for!

I am guessing they weren't specifically designed as every day carry rounds.  

I sorta feel like if you wanted you could utilize these similar to slugs in a shotgun.  Carry it as a supplemental because fuck barriers lol. 

• mangeface likes this

#7 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

I actually would like to see how many layers of cinder blocks and bricks that round could penetrate.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#8 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

On a side note I feel like this round is begging for a your mom joke...Something about how much she loves extreme penetration....

• AaronK and DeathwatchDoc like this

#9 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

I don't know about this particular cartridge. But when I'm hiking in bear/mountain lion country, I'm sporting a .45 Colt with buffalo bore ammo. I want huge wound channels.

I'm a big 9mm fan for defensive carry. Just not a fan of it on the larger more capable killing machines I might surprise

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 9mm, bullet, lehigh, defense, xtreme, penetrator, load, ammo, woods, carry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users