Photo

Road Trip from Oregon back to Kansas need help and suggestions!

Portland Northwest CCW Storage TSA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HTEngineer

HTEngineer

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

I need a little help from the ITS folks in the NW. My friend is working in Oregon at a job that ends in June or July. We're planning on road-tripping back in her car, probably with some of her lily-livered friends from St. Louis (they think that Michael Brown was murdered and police are racists who shoot unarmed black men for fun,  :beat: ). Anyway their ill informed, emotional view of the world can go pound sand because the protection of myself and those I love is more important than their misconceptions. I'm not planning on telling them I'm carrying if I can avoid it, but I digress.  That is if carrying is feasible within the weird laws.

My permit is good everywhere west of KS except CA (obviously) and Oregon (which apparently is fighting to be the state on the west coast with the dumbest laws, you can't pump your own gas, wtf, and now the recent round of stupid gun control laws?). Maybe freedom has poisoned my mind too much. I guess only OR permits are valid, and you can only get one out of state if you live in a neighboring state AND you can find a sympathetic sheriff. I'm not too worried once we get east of CA, OR, and WA, but in those three its pretty weird. I don't think we're going to CA (which means I'd have to buy 10 rd Glock 19 mags, and if we go through CO the standard 15 rounders will be fine) but WA's a distinct possibility. Probably going to hit some national/state parks so if anyone has any information on carrying in those that would be great! Mostly, I'm concerned about WA and OR, specifically Seattle and Portland. I read this website is helping with the Portland/Oregon crazy, but any other guidance would be nice. I'm convinced the idiots are flocking to where the weather won't kill you. My big question is if I have my locked Pelican from the airport, with my G19, ammo in a box, magazines unloaded with unloaded firearm, is that "unloaded" enough for the local (idiotic) Portland ordinance?

As if that weren't asking enough, do any of you have suggestions any places we should stop taking a more northerly route back to Kansas City, KS?

Edited by HTEngineer, 18 May 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#2 BTSmith10

BTSmith10

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 264 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Freedom has definitely poisoned you.. ;)

#3 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

No, freedom has not poisoned you, stupidity has poisoned them.

• EMSWxSAR, pira114 and BTSmith10 like this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#4 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 341 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

Oregon is currently working on accepting all out of state permits. Seems that it may actually go somewhere soon. Since they just passed our spiffy new awesome whiz bang universal background check bill, now they have to pass a pro gun bill to keep the rest of the state in line. I would avoid California, but honestly if you are concealing in a car and arent driving like a retard you should be fine. Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Posted Image

#5 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

The main concern is if any of the lib-tard friends are carrying any illegal substances that would open the car up to a more detailed search. At which time it would probably hope for a down to earth cop and level with him.

• mangeface and EMSWxSAR like this

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#6 HTEngineer

HTEngineer

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Ok cool. I was hoping the reciprocity would go through. I don't have to worry about them. They're clean cut, very Christian, people, who can't seem to separate the whole "wishing doesn't make it so" thing (the friends that is). I'm mostly worried about Portland/Seattle where I'd be more likely to find a officer of the "progressive" orientation. I know most of them are 2A supporters, I live with one, and awesome people, that's why I'm not too worried about the countryside. Thanks guys.

Edited by HTEngineer, 22 May 2015 - 09:48 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Portland, Northwest, CCW, Storage, TSA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users