8 replies to this topic

#1 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

Well got my wife and I signed up for the class on the 25-6 of this month.

The class was already overbooked but the great folks hosting and doing the training said "sure add 2 more" :up:

Looking forward to the class and training we'll be getting.

Thanks crew for making me aware of this company and the quality of their training.

I guess this doesn't quite fall into the enabler category, even if it did, the wife's going too so she can't say I'm spending too much money lmao

• MableCali likes this

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

I've never had the pleasure of going to a D.A.R.K class. I'd appreciate an ARR if you could. I've been to many other classes, used DARK gear, but never one of theirs.
  • DieselD likes this

#3 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

Will give a full report after the class I'm lucky it's close so not much traveling and no hotels. I hate hotels

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#4 Randy Long

Randy Long

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • Locationcincy

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

I did an AAR last year on Dark Angel Medical it's in the training section.

#5 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

I did an AAR last year on Dark Angel Medical it's in the training section.

Cool. Thanks, I'll look for it. Be good to compare the two

#6 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

You're in for a treat. I know Kerry personally and can say without a doubt it's some of the best training I've been to.

• DieselD likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#7 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

Well got home late last night so here's the report on the class.

First off the instructor, Ross a former Navy corpsman, was a great guy and did an awesome job of teaching and keeping you very interested in the class.

Yes it is a massive amount of info given to you the first day.

This class covers all points of trauma first aide to self and to treat others.

The biggest point of the class is blood loss and how to apply a TQ to yourself and others. Being as there were CAT TQ's on the tables, 1 for each person to use, Ross would randomly call out where to put the TQ on yourself or another person at your table then check to be sure it was done properly. Also wound packing and applying chest (HALO) seals and when each is to be done.

After that is breathing and how to maintain an airway. Use of the NPA and how to properly insert it.

Going through the DAM kit and how to use each item properly including the chest decompression needle. But that is really above most peoples ability to use. It's there more for when properly trained personal arrive.

That was day 1

On day 2 we finished the power point presentation which covered frostbite in each stage, heat exhaustion and stroke, broken bones as well as bites from animals and snakes. The bite part was a brief overview really.

Then came the hours of first practicing with the items in the DAM kit on mannequins then situations Ross set up.

This was a really good way to test your mindset and awareness of the situation first and then the victim and their injuries.

Then the treatment of what we assessed to be wrong with them. After each Ross did a full breakdown on what we did properly and what we may have missed or didn't do quite right.

All in all this class was by far the best I've ever taken and well worth the cost.

It was a great time and I highly recommend it to anyone who has the chance to take it.

• DStevenson and EMSWxSAR like this

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#8 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

Forgot to mention that Ross went home with an ITS 1776 coin.

My wife also now carries the bag I set up for her as she now realizes that it's important to have the things I put in the kit.

She also asked me to hook her DARK kit to it where she felt comfortable with it being

Glad someone got to her since she doesn't always see what I'm trying to say

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 rcnewsom

rcnewsom

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

Id like to take this class if it ever comes to Dallas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users