• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

hey guys help me out with some shirts. all my old t-shirts just arent doing the job. any sugjestions???

EIu5PDO.png

#2 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

I've been happy with my la police gear branded ones. Inexpensive too.
  • druid628 likes this

#3 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

I really love the Vertx Coldblack shirts.

I have 3 long sleeved polos and I'm waiting for another DVOR sale before I pick up several more short sleeved polos.

http://www.wearvertx...tical-Polo.aspx

VTX4020TNP.png

• mlp2147 and nhart99 like this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#4 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

I don't like tight clothing by any means, but I don't like baggy either. It's an intricate balance. The right polo cut, the right sized handgun, and the precise holster make it work. That said, it isn't so much a specific shirt as it is going to the store and trying on shirts that do what you want.

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#5 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

I don't like tight clothing by any means, but I don't like baggy either. It's an intricate balance. The right polo cut, the right sized handgun, and the precise holster make it work. That said, it isn't so much a specific shirt as it is going to the store and trying on shirts that do what you want.

I understand the balance issue between everything. and I know that printing is an issue that may not always be over come depending on the holster, gun ect. Thanks for the help guys I will definitely look into these products.

EIu5PDO.png

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

I've been happy with my la police gear branded ones. Inexpensive too.

+1 for LA Police gear polos I have a half dozen or so.

• Fivesenenguy likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#7 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

I've been wanting to try Vertx polos, but need to find a sale. Everything else Vertx is awesome, so I'm sure their shirts will be too (cue SwatDawg...)

Under Armour, Ogio and Callaway (and to lesser extent, Nike) all make nice polos that fit around the shoulders but are cut longer (to stay tucked in better, I think) and conceal well. They're by no means cheap, but they help reduce the off-duty cop look you get with the colors/designs of Vertx, LA Police Gear and 5.11.

• Fivesenenguy likes this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#8 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

I've been wanting to try Vertx polos, but need to find a sale.

hmm.. funny you say that.  While not a full on Vertx sale, Dvor is having some discounts on Vertx and other brands in their "Back by popular demand" section yesterday and today only.  Including specifically the coldblack long sleeved and short sleeved polos at 44% off!

I've tried.. I can't stop myself.

=)

Edited by DStevenson, 23 July 2015 - 06:23 AM.

• MightyP and Fivesenenguy like this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#9 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

hmm.. funny you say that.  While not a full on Vertx sale, Dvor is having some discounts on Vertx and other brands in their "Back by popular demand" section yesterday and today only.  Including specifically the coldblack long sleeved and short sleeved polos at 44% off!

I've tried.. I can't stop myself.

=)

First, you're an enabling ass and I'm a weak-willed bastard, but you already knew that. Second, the only size they have (when I checked a couple minutes ago) is XXL, which I'd be swimming in.  Thanks though. I'd have bought one if it had been in my size.

Edited by MightyP, 23 July 2015 - 06:01 PM.

• mysteriousjl likes this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#10 mlp2147

mlp2147

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHolly Ridge, NC

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

I would just add that these have been the most comfortable and durable polo style shirts I have worn and have one in each color for my day job. Looking to buying a few of the long sleeve versions when I find a decent sale again. Bought my short sleeves from govx.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mlp2147, 17 August 2015 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image

#11 nhart99

nhart99

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:41 PM

I can also +1 the Vertx and add the Calloway.

I get no printing with those untucked in any season, using a compact single-stack 9mm (Beretta Nano) and an Alien Gear cloak-tuck holster.

Yes, I know...there are better holsters. I work with what I have at the moment. Glock 19 is just waiting on the PWS slide to be finished and then I'll be looking for a decent appendix-carry holster (easier in a car to draw).

Cheers!

The day you stop learning is the day you die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users