28 replies to this topic

#21 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

I don't know if I would consider myself a fanboy or not. I like glock a whole lot but they have a lot of shortcomings right out of the gate (sights, triggers (sometimes)- They are slow to adapt.) The new 42/43 seem pretty nice. My fiance carries XDm or XD mod 2...both are fine guns. I really like the M&P, but already owned a G19 I sold (cus gen 4) and have a Gen 3 Glock 34 and 26. I wish I just got a glock 19 in Gen 3 RTF....

I like the raven vanguard II, and would love an incog if I get another 19. I have an alien gear holster, but don't really like it that much. thing to be weary with the vanguard is sweat and a hot gun in the summer..

Love the vickers signature glock 19 in rtf2. The included upgraded sights and slide release are nice too.
  • jvandivere likes this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#22 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:38 AM

That's news to me ;)

MARSOC just ditched the m45 for the glock 19 just 3 years after adopting the overhyped 1911 status symbol.

It's just FN's slogan.. But it's likely accurate given the number and size of their various military contracts.  I believe FN produces the current M4, and of course SAW, SCAR etc.

And if you go to their website you'll be presented with several selections including Airborne Weapon Systems, Sea Weapon Systems, Land Weapon Systems, and Remote Weapon Stations... The last one there sounds handy.. 

• DieselD and MightyP like this

#23 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

My primary weapons system in the military was an FN...

gau_21_main.png

But I don't know enough about their pistols
  • DieselD, MightyP and mackguy like this

#24 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

My primary weapons system in the military was an FN...

gau_21_main.png

But I don't know enough about their pistols

I sure like both of mine.. And I liked my FN made Browning Hi-Power.  

They claim the FNSs are made on the same tools by the same people as the gov contract machine guns and what not.  

My brother has a G26 and G43, and FNS-9L and seems to think the FN trigger is much better, but he's had issues with ammo (FN says it's designed for hot-loads, and he's bought some powder-puff loads).. 

#25 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts
  • LocationBellefontaine, ohio

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

Seriously people give up on the Glocks and get The World's Most Battle-Proven Firearm ™, an FN.

I like FN but only the Five-Seven...the others shoot well but are too big and bulky for me. Besides, I like striker fired guns. Only hammer guns I like besides revolvers are 1911's and Hi-Powers.  But 1911's and hi-power's aren't easy to repair in the field and are expensive. I think that's why the military is moving over to glocks....pretty easy to fix at an armorer level.

As for Vicker's Glock 19's. I'm not a vicker's fanboy- I think he's a good instructor but yea- I don't really like the sights he has on it. The rest is nice. Ideal gun would be a Black or Grey (or OD if I can get it) RTF2 Gen 3 with magwell (I have an Austere provisions? on my G34 I love)...that with some suppressor sights and an RMR would be nice- or night sights (I run an ameriglo orange and tritium front sight and single lamp rear on my G26). Also upgrade the trigger to an APEX or just do the same thing I did with the G34- put a new trigger (flat) in with 3.5 connector. 

n0Q3KCI.png?1

"Aut Vain Invaim Aut Facim- I will find a way or make one"

#26 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

I like FN but only the Five-Seven...the others shoot well but are too big and bulky for me. Besides, I like striker fired guns. Only hammer guns I like besides revolvers are 1911's and Hi-Powers.  But 1911's and hi-power's aren't easy to repair in the field and are expensive. I think that's why the military is moving over to glocks....pretty easy to fix at an armorer level.

As for Vicker's Glock 19's. I'm not a vicker's fanboy- I think he's a good instructor but yea- I don't really like the sights he has on it. The rest is nice. Ideal gun would be a Black or Grey (or OD if I can get it) RTF2 Gen 3 with magwell (I have an Austere provisions? on my G34 I love)...that with some suppressor sights and an RMR would be nice- or night sights (I run an ameriglo orange and tritium front sight and single lamp rear on my G26). Also upgrade the trigger to an APEX or just do the same thing I did with the G34- put a new trigger (flat) in with 3.5 connector. 

FNS is striker fired, and comes in a "compact" version that's nearly identical to G26 in size.. 

#27 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

FNS is striker fired, and comes in a "compact" version that's nearly identical to G26 in size.. 

Ah I was thinking the FN-45. My FIL has one...it's a nice gun.

n0Q3KCI.png?1

#28 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

Ah I was thinking the FN-45. My FIL has one...it's a nice gun.

I didn't even know they made a 45cal... learn something new every day!

#29 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

I didn't even know they made a 45cal... learn something new every day!

FNX-45...he's got this one without threaded barrel or rmr....he's becoming a glock guy tho. He loves sig. My fiance and I got him a Sig P226? (the Navy seal gun)...he likes it.

n0Q3KCI.png?1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock, G42, .380, CCW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users