2 replies to this topic

#1 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

I am looking for an ultralight travel trailer something with a max gross weight of no more than 6000 lbs.  I am new to trailers so I am just looking for a basic run down.  I am looking for something that is 4 season capable and with full facilities other then that I am not sure where to look. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#2 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

Gonna be hard pressed to stay under 6k gross and go 4 season full facilities.

Having pulled a LOT of trailers - if you can go with a goose neck, way easier to pull and back.  If bumper pull is mandatory (cause you're using an SUV whatever), then make sure you buy a good equalizing hitch.

As to light trailers, fully aluminum construction is a good call and to go 4 seasons I'd replace the default forced air heater with a 'blue flame no ventilation' heater that takes no power.  Have one in my huge toy hauler and not having to run the fan means better battery life without compromising being able to heat the whole thing.

WHATEVER YOU DO - stay away from the dang tent trailers, freaking worthless in my book compared to a full trailer.

• spenceman likes this

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

#3 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

For real four season, I like Artic Fox. But heavy and out of my price range.

For what it's worth, I still hunt and camp in my 1987 Wilderness trailer. Used consistently in sub freezing weather without a problem. Low teens are common overnight temps where I hunt. As long as the day temps rise up to +32 or better, you're usually not gonna have a problem with freezing.

My furnace is more than enough to keep us warm. It's the batteries you need to watch. Cold weather and a furnace going all night can kill them. Couple of deep cycle batteries and a decent Gen set will make life good for ya.

As for non 4 season rated trailers, in the new catagory, I really like the Jayco line. They used to be lower end, but in the last 7 years or so, they've really improved.

Another good manufacturer for 4 season is anything made by Northwood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users