• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

I'm currently building an aid bag to go with my EDC kits, waiting on a few bits and pieces to finish it, then I'll put up a post along with my way of keeping track of expiration dates, as I've noted it's not something I do well.

So, what have you got?

• Psybain likes this

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#2 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

Oldie but a goodie.

http://itstactical.c...in-this-thread/

• MightyP likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#3 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

ohhh cool thread mine will take awhile to post but this should be fun!!

EIu5PDO.png

#4 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

Just working on putting mine together... hopefully there will be some good stuff here!

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#5 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:24 AM

My stocking order to bring my kit up to standard is delayed due to a stock take at my suppliers, so a little delayed I'm afraid.

#6 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

Not a lot of attention, so I'll post what I have. I carry 2 bags in my car to supplement the trauma kit and bandaids I keep in my pocket. First, here is my booboo kit which sits in my center console. A couple months back I decided to separate the first aid bags in my car to a booboo kit with little stuff I'd use a lot and a kit focused more on major injuries. Little bag is easier to grab and restock, plus if I bring it inside somewhere and forget it (usually in my house when I restock it), I still have the important stuff in my car. Below are a couple pictures of my booboo bag. I'll get pictures of my other bag shortly.

Booboo%20Kit%2001.jpg

Booboo%20Kit%2002.jpg

• Corbs likes this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#7 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Not a lot of attention, so I'll post what I have. I carry 2 bags in my car to supplement the trauma kit and bandaids I keep in my pocket. First, here is my booboo kit which sits in my center console. A couple months back I decided to separate the first aid bags in my car to a booboo kit with little stuff I'd use a lot and a kit focused more on major injuries. Little bag is easier to grab and restock, plus if I bring it inside somewhere and forget it (usually in my house when I restock it), I still have the important stuff in my car. Below are a couple pictures of my booboo bag. I'll get pictures of my other bag shortly.

Thanks for the post, great pictures. I love those saline pods, they're very useful for eye and wound irrigation. I always have a few small ones about.

#8 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

I also think I'm going to pick up some coin / sample tubes for keeping over the counter meds in a crush and waterproof format.

#9 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

I also think I'm going to pick up some coin / sample tubes for keeping over the counter meds in a crush and waterproof format.

I'm not sure what you mean. I use the little pouches because they're cheap and easy to store. What containers are you talking about?

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#10 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:08 AM

Basically like these, the tubes doctors ask people to pee in:http://www.ebay.co.u...ke/120909957061

#11 David Hamilton

David Hamilton

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

I got a decent kit. But I have no idea how to post pics .,, any help ?

#12 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

http://itstactical.c...es-to-your-post

89BccLb.png

#13 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

Here is the current kit that's riding in my edc bag which is sitting on the desk next to me right now.

The doubled up picture is how its currently carried the individual pictures are what's in the bags.

Attached Files

Edited by B3dlam, 27 January 2016 - 10:45 AM.

• littleninja likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#14 David Hamilton

David Hamilton

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

tq3tF0B.jpg

l5u8cEY.jpg

qbymSnu.jpg

rdACA09.jpg

WHoKL8d.jpg

0qhvo0a.jpg

Hiv4nik.jpg

Edited by DeathwatchDoc, 27 January 2016 - 07:45 PM.
Embedded.

• pira114 and littleninja like this

#15 David Hamilton

David Hamilton

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hmm pics didn't work out like I thought lol. But links still work. In the small pouches I have gloves and cleaning swabs etc. Other pulouch I have Motrin, Advil etc. The kit needs a few other items but I think I have covered most issues that would arise

#16 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

Here is the current kit that's riding in my edc bag which is sitting on the desk next to me right now.

The doubled up picture is how its currently carried the individual pictures are what's in the bags.

Nice setup, I love the Olaes Bandage, pity they're so expensive over here. Do you have any concerns with the RATS torniquet, after the ITS article (and a few others)

Hmm pics didn't work out like I thought lol. But links still work. In the small pouches I have gloves and cleaning swabs etc. Other pulouch I have Motrin, Advil etc. The kit needs a few other items but I think I have covered most issues that would arise

One of the mods has fixed them for you. Nice bag, really like the M9, do you keep it in your vehicle or have a smaller kit on your person?

#17 David Hamilton

David Hamilton

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:10 AM

This is my home bag. I have a separate small band aid type kit for the kids at home. The m9 bag is a last resort bag and on long road trips I'll take it with.
I don't have a specific vehicle bag, but That's because as a police officer I also carry a small kit with basic quick ckot, tourny, some bandages , band aids and gloves. That kit just stays in my car after shift so it acts as my local vehicle bag unless I throw the m9 in.

#18 muaddib1

muaddib1

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

I have a surplus recon mountaineer CLS bag in coyote brown for my car. We have these also at my Army Reserve unit and I think they are solid bags and recommend anyone looking for a med bag that's fairly compact and durable. I wish it had MOLLE paneling but overall a versatile bag.

Breakdown of Components:
- mojo shears with retractor, stethoscope
- Hemostats
- 8 x nitrile gloves in various pockets, face shield
- 4 x CAT
- 4 x combat gauze
- 3 x 4 in ace wraps and 1 x Coban wrap
- multi pack of NPAs and OPAs of various sizes
- 2 x twin pack of chest seals
- 2 x decompression needles
- 3 x kerlix and 3 x Israeli bandages
- 2 x cravats
- icepack
- space blanket
- medications: chewable aspirin, Benadryl, neosporin, hydrocortisone cream, ibuprofen,
- CPR mask
- moleskin
- SAM splint

I put two of the CATs on the shoulder strap held with rubber bands for easy access along with dummy corded tape.

I had a much larger bag before with advanced airways and IV supplies and a BVM but it wasn't handy for anything that I really could reasonably do as a bystander providing aid prior to EMS arrival. This is much easier for hiking and takes up much less room in my car.

Attached Files

Edited by muaddib1, 08 April 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#19 muaddib1

muaddib1

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

Oops forgot a bunch or band aids, tegaderms, alcohols wipes, steri-strips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users