#1 Browncoat

Browncoat

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

o/

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for awhile now and finally decided to post. Frankly, I've had somewhat of a negative view of this type of thing for most of my life. Like a lot of people, I lumped everyone into the prepper/zombie apocalypse crowd and just assumed it was a lot of tinfoil hat wearing stuff. And then the Paris terror attacks happened. And then San Bernadino. It really got me to thinking...

How prepared am I for something like that? How could I protect my family? What if we were caught in a winter storm and stranded on the side of the road?

I started taking inventory and being more realistic about preparedness. Having a few flashlights and candles around the house in case of a power outage qualifies you as being "prepared" in many circles, and it just wasn't enough anymore. I've started by updating my EDC to include useful items and have already noticed a major quality of life improvement. In 2016, I want to put together a BOB, emergency vehicle kit, and expand my EDC. The wife and I both want to purchase handguns and get our CCW permits. 

The articles on this site have been fantastic, and I hope to glean more knowledge from the forums as well!

#2 BTSmith10

BTSmith10

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 264 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

Welcome aboard!

#3 EMSWxSAR

EMSWxSAR

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 368 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Welcome!

its_fl_sar_smaller.png

#4 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:11 AM

Welcome aboard! We have a wide array of people here from all different backgrounds. I think you'll enjoy it

#5 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

Welcome aboard!

89BccLb.png

#6 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

welcome there is alot of knowlage here and as far as i have seen everyone is open and very respectfull

EIu5PDO.png

#7 littleninja

littleninja

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:12 AM

Welcome aboard fellow Buckeye! Reiterating all of the above comments. Great place to learn the basics through the advanced in many areas. You'll find excellent resources, and great folks happy to share experiences and have a laugh or two from time to time. Glad to have you here!

n0Q3KCI.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users