• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

I would also look closely at the paperwork involved I know of a machine shop that screwed a small company over a few years back. They were doing the prototyping for the small company but then basically released the product themselves before the small company had a chance to release their product.

wow that sucks. some people just need to go away.

EIu5PDO.png

#22 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

wow that sucks. some people just need to go away.

Happens in show business the time too. Producers will see a script they like, and either reject it or wait for the option contract to expire so they can reinvent the wheel (with some changes so they cant be sued) and make the show/movie they want without paying the original writer.

Most recent verson of that in hollywood is with the movie gravity. Originally, they had bought the rights to the book gravity, and the author, tess gerritson, rewrote the third act to have the protagonist floating alone in space after a disaster on the shuttle or iss (sound familiar?). Time went by, the studio went under, and their scripts were bought by another company. A couple years later, gravity comes out and it basically resembles a movie based off only the 3rd act of the original gravity script, with no credit given to the author. When she took them to court, the judge ruled that her contract was with the original company, not the new one, so they werent required to honor it.

They ended up offering to settle, but she refused the money because it came attached to a NDA, amd she wanted to be able to talk about how she got fucked as a warning to others.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#23 Greatestdane

Greatestdane

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, thats sort of the problem I have now. All of these guys that supposedly make gear also have their own line. If I pay to have them help design the gear so I can get a prototype to patent, whos to say that they would honestly help me design it correctly and not give me some bogus or cheap design concepts and keep the better ideas for themselves. Its a conflict of interest.

#24 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:51 PM

I would trust jim at sotech to not jwrk you around, but I know their timeline doesnt work with your timetable. I think firstspear does stuff too but i dont know the details.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users