#1 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hey guys,

Been reading through all the forums the past couple of days to get some info and I have not been able to find what I need.  I went to the EDC Bags thread which is locked but it didn't really tell me what I needed. Hope I'm not stepping on an admins toes here by starting this thread but there is  no direct contact option or chat option so I am hoping someone can give me some direction.

I have been looking at Grey Ghost Gear for some time. I have borrowed a couple of packs and used them and tested them. They seem top notch. Made in the USA as far as I can determine. Does anyone have any experience with GGG? Good? Bad? I am looking at the Stealth Operator Pack. Something light, that doesn't jump out. My GR1 is just too much for must days. So im thinking of purchasing a Grey Ghost pack. Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated.

#2 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

No admin toes have been harmed in the making if this post. I hope you get some great answers. I will say the gear made by Goruck is well made and they do make some smaller packs.

89BccLb.png

#3 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:13 AM

I was going to say that for value, tactical tailor or grey ghost are hard to beat. Tactical tailor's removable operator pack was my gateway drug into edc bags. Mystery ranch make very very nice packs in Montana

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#4 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:22 AM

Deathwatch, I agree about Goruck. I love my GR1. (Actually tagged a GR0). But at 26L it is a bit much to just grab in a pinch. My other interest in the Stealth Op Pack is there is no molle. Not a huge deal as so many carry packs now with the tactical look but it seems to blend a little better in a crowd. I am still looking at the smaller Gorucks however.
Corbs that's for the mystery ranch input. Also looking at them. My "gateway" was my issued Ilbe pack by Arc'terycs. But Marpat tends to stand out in a crowd. I have also looked at TAC Tailor and London Trading, and Kifaru. Are there any other top notch brands that I have missed?

#5 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

Juicer,

you've named some good companies. Have you looked at the GoRuck Bullet packs? they are smaller than the GR line and several folks i know use them for EDC. LBT (London Bridge Trading) is another great company. i have one of their load out bags and it's great. 

as everyone here knows, i'm a big fan of Hazzard 4, but i think their stuff is manufactured in China. 

La'

Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#6 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

Redsol,
I have glanced at the Bullet Packs but I will give them a closer look. I like the looks of LBT packs but have no personal experience with them. I fly ALOT and for my job and I see alot of different gear. But I ALWAYS notice TAC. And make notes mentally accordingly just in case it is pertinent Intel. So I'm considering a pack/ overnight pack that blends in a bit more than my GR1 with all the molle.
I am not familiar with Hazzard4 . I will have to check them out. China is usually something I steer clear of but it may be worth a look.

#7 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

It is usually in my benefit to look as anonymous as possible while on planes.

#8 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:40 AM

Vertx is made in Indonesia but the Vertx Gamut is an awesome pack!  

#9 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

Nroeber,

Vertx is a brand I am not familiar with. I will check them out. I prefer American Made but a quality pack is a quality pack. Thanks for the info.

#10 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:04 AM

also try these guys  http://directactiong.../packs-and-bags they have some pretty awesome and well made bags IMO

EIu5PDO.png

#11 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

FiveSeven - thanks for the link. Look like nice bags. Curious if the American Made. I will research that a bit more. Definitely something that would be optimal for Leos and operators. Stand out a bit too much for what I am looking for however.  But I am compiling a list of quality pack links so this is helpful.

Also Nroeber - i checked out the Vertx Gamut! Wow what a pack. VERY similar to the Grey Ghost Stealth Operator pack. Kinda wish that I could combined the two. The thing I like about the Stealth Operator pack by Grey Ghost is that the main compartment is free of "clutter/ organizational pockets". This makes it easy for me to throw in a quick change of clothes and a different pair of shoes if I had too. Might be a bit harder to do that with the Gamut. The Gamut seems more of a portable conceal platform for a weapons system of choice.  But it is definitely now on my radar and I will keep it under consideration.

juicer

#12 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

also try these guys  http://directactiong.../packs-and-bags they have some pretty awesome and well made bags IMO

Fivesenenguy, have you got one? I've just picked up their messenger bag for use as a duty bag, looks perfect for it and been on my list for a while. I'll post pics and thoughts here when I've got it.

FiveSeven - thanks for the link. Look like nice bags. Curious if the American Made. I will research that a bit more. Definitely something that would be optimal for Leos and operators. Stand out a bit too much for what I am looking for however.  But I am compiling a list of quality pack links so this is helpful.

Also Nroeber - i checked out the Vertx Gamut! Wow what a pack. VERY similar to the Grey Ghost Stealth Operator pack. Kinda wish that I could combined the two. The thing I like about the Stealth Operator pack by Grey Ghost is that the main compartment is free of "clutter/ organizational pockets". This makes it easy for me to throw in a quick change of clothes and a different pair of shoes if I had too. Might be a bit harder to do that with the Gamut. The Gamut seems more of a portable conceal platform for a weapons system of choice.  But it is definitely now on my radar and I will keep it under consideration.

juicer

You should have a look at Arc'teryx packs for something solid, and low profile, though they aren't generally US made.

I have to say I've never got the goruck thing. They do look like nice packs, and they are USA made and bomb proof, but so are a lot of other three day bags that are pretty much identical, or have been around longer.

• redsol1 likes this

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#13 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

juicer

The Vertx is very adaptable to whatever it is you're doing. Mine is setup for EDC of work items and other "gear" If i'm not using it for work everything comes out and I can use it for travel or whatever... This past summer I used it daily at disneyworld to carry items for my daughter, snacks, clothes etc etc and it worked great! couple of months ago i took it to vegas for a long weekend with the boys and it was stuffed with clothes.

#14 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

I love my Vertx Gamut... I have a Macbook Pro, iPad, all the gear to run both plus some, and a lot of other sustainment gear as well. But it looks pretty chill. 800D Cordura quality shows too. 

89BccLb.png

#15 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

Fivesenenguy, have you got one? I've just picked up their messenger bag for use as a duty bag, looks perfect for it and been on my list for a while. I'll post pics and thoughts here when I've got it.

You should have a look at Arc'teryx packs for something solid, and low profile, though they aren't generally US made.

I have to say I've never got the goruck thing. They do look like nice packs, and they are USA made and bomb proof, but so are a lot of other three day bags that are pretty much identical, or have been around longer.

Corbs,

i felt the same way you did about the Goruck.....until i bought one. i picked up a GR0 with the ruck kit to use for an upcomming GORUCK event, but i've been carrying it as a 2-3 day pack when i need to travel for work, either by plane or car. it holds my laptop, misc gear, and 2-3 days of clothes (depending on if i need a second set of shoes). i was leery of it's LACK of mole and pockets, but it's a damn good bag. i'll have a hard time deciding between buying another Hazzard 4 bag and a Goruck once my current H4 bag kicks the bucket. 

La'

• DieselD likes this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#16 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

In terms of packs I really Hill People Gear stuff. Purpose built, simple, and reliable. As a side they blend in much better than many other edc offerings.
  • juicer5.56 and Corbs like this

#17 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

In terms of packs I really Hill People Gear stuff. Purpose built, simple, and reliable. As a side they blend in much better than many other edc offerings.

emBARK, thanks for the post. I am familiar with Hill people Gear. But i have not looked at them in a long time.  I will revisit them and see what they have.

Corbs,

i felt the same way you did about the Goruck.....until i bought one. i picked up a GR0 with the ruck kit to use for an upcomming GORUCK event, but i've been carrying it as a 2-3 day pack when i need to travel for work, either by plane or car. it holds my laptop, misc gear, and 2-3 days of clothes (depending on if i need a second set of shoes). i was leery of it's LACK of mole and pockets, but it's a damn good bag. i'll have a hard time deciding between buying another Hazzard 4 bag and a Goruck once my current H4 bag kicks the bucket. 

La'

Redsol,   I have a GR0 (now GR1 rebranded). I love it but not always suitable for something light and fast.  Corbs, its kind of a USA thing I guess. I just did my first GoRuck Light. Wanted to earn that patch. Next is GoRuck Tough. Anyways they are bad ass.

The Vertx is very adaptable to whatever it is you're doing. Mine is setup for EDC of work items and other "gear" If i'm not using it for work everything comes out and I can use it for travel or whatever... This past summer I used it daily at disneyworld to carry items for my daughter, snacks, clothes etc etc and it worked great! couple of months ago i took it to vegas for a long weekend with the boys and it was stuffed with clothes.

nroeber,

so what your saying is that alot of that stuff inside VertX is removable? thats a HUGE plus. I don't like the the logo stands out in bright red...but that is an easy fix. I will definitely have to revisit it and check it out again. I am going to watch some youtube reviews too.

#18 juicer5.56

juicer5.56

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

emBARK. the Tarahumara Pack looks sweet, but the website is a bit eclectic. Hard to find what you are looking for. And they are out of stock of almost everything. Too bad.

#19 emBARK

emBARK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 256 posts
  • LocationSWNY

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:06 PM

Their new Connor pack might be a good option. I keep going back and forth on grabbing one.

#20 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

no, but I plan to have one very soon im looking at the dust model for a new edc bag.

EIu5PDO.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users