Photo

Leave your SHOT Show 2011 requests here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Black

Bryan Black

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for joining us for our coverage of the SHOT Show! We've created this forum as a resource to let you guys tell us what YOU want to see! Hear about an interesting product being released, or would love some up close photos? Leave a post in the corresponding thread (labeled by date) and we'll do our best to get you the answer!A huge thank you to every one of our members and supporters for making our coverage possible! /wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 16 January 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#2 walrus61

walrus61

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

A very good idea Bryan, thank you./wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif Have fun at Shot! Well, it seems like I'm the first to made a request. I'd like to see the new Crimson Trace lasergrips for the 1911. IMHO they seem pretty expensive, are they worth it?
Posted Image

#3 Kingkroupa

Kingkroupa

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

Well a hands on report on the Keltec KSG would be awesome along with some more pics. /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_cool.gif Oh yeah, and swing by the ATS booth and bug them about re-releasing the Cobra pack. /wp-content/forum-smileys/smiley_evilGrin.gif One more, go by the AmericanSnipers.org booth because those guys rock. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif
Posted Image
tacticaltexan.wordpress.com
Keep up the good fight-Rob

#4 walrus61

walrus61

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Kingkroupa said:

.......... go by the AmericanSnipers.org booth because those guys rock. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif

Ditto!
Posted Image

#5 ericfine50

ericfine50

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

Curious to see the SO Tech stuff and how much ATAC vs MC you will see at the show.Have a great time! 

#6 Plan B

Plan B

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

I am curious if Maxpedition will have any new Gearslinger bags.   Thanks!

#7 AV

AV

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

How about an assesment of what is happening in the footwear world (combat type)?  There seems to be a lot of new styles being released and it would be nice to see how everything compares (first impressions).  And....could you ask around if anyone is making something in a narrow width?V/r - AV

#8 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

Wow guys were off and running!   For our new members, please check out the "Read here first" that I just pinned to the main SHOT Show forum and leave a introduction. Thanks,  ~Eric S.
Posted Image

#9 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:33 AM

I am interested in the A-TACS uniforms for sure.  Also, I would like to see some heavy coverage of some of the smaller makers that are there.  There is always a ton of coverage for Eagle, Proper, etc... (I want to see that too!) Basically I want heavy coverage of EVERYTHING as if I were actually there.  NOW, make it happen.
Posted Image

#10 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

Since I'm the one holding down the fort for the ITS Crew, what I'm going to do is start a new thread for each day of the show.Please go to that thread to post your new requests for that day.  I'll do all the updates in those threads for those requests.  This way I can manage each day instead of trying to keep up with a single thread.Keep in mind I'm on Eastern time and Vegas is Mountain.  Please hold your requests until I unlock the thread then blast away.  For you guys who have already posted here I'll update your requests in this thread since were already underway. That being said, feel free to start any new threads you like about the SHOT Show!  This forum area is for you to discuss anything SHOT. Thanks for everyones patience, this is a new concept for ITS and we hope to make it fun and informative.If anyone has any questions let me know! ~Eric S.

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 16 January 2011 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image

#11 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Just got a update from Bryan, he is on the ground and Mike should be landing soon.........
Posted Image

#12 slvrwraith

slvrwraith

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hey CCS!First, I'd like to say, AWESOME IDEA!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gifI'd like to make a couple of very specific requests, but I don't particularly care what order of when they occur, I hope its okay if I post them here. If not, please let me know so I can move them.1st: I'd like to see some photos of the Leupold Stevens Tactical booth... I did a photo shoot with a  buddy who is their graphics, photo and packaging designer and, in theory, one of those photos is going to be the backdrop for Leupold's Tactical booth (also in the tactical catalog and calendar)./wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_cool.gif2nd: I'm saving towards a Patriot Ordinance Factory P308-MRR-20... POF has recently come out with a new forearm and finishes, and I'm hoping the ITS SHOT team can get some feedback/first impressions, and pics of them, if at all possible. Cheers and good hunting guys!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif~Aaron O~
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png In darkness as in light, seek truth and flourish. --myselfA casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. --Friedrich Nietzsche

#13 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Aaron, Thanks for posting up!  All requests have been sent out so far.  I'll keep forwarding requests here until 2400 tonight (eastern), then I will open the Monday 17th thread.
Posted Image

#14 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

Kingkroupa - The Kel-Tec KSG, and this is my own personal opinion, was pretty sweet! It's a great idea, but without shooting it myself, I wonder how well it runs. Throwing a red dot on there with slugs in one tube and buck shot in the other, you can handle threats both near and far. Also, if you add a vertical grip, you can really pump that thing fast! Oh, not to mention that it's short but still legal. Should be great for home defense.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kingkroupa & walrus61 - The American Sniper guys were totally awesome! Very cool! I got their old coin and their new one. Great to support such a good cause.

Posted Image

Posted Image 

ericfine50 & jinx667 - A-TACS vs Multicam: There was a ton of A-TACS gear around which is a great thing. It shows advancement. While walking around I overheard some guys talking about A-TACS vs Multicam and they were saying that while A-TACS isn't necessarily pretty, it works better than Multicam. The thing to keep in mind is that there is no silver bullet when it comes to camo, just look at any of our past camo comparisons!

Posted Image

Ton of multicam pics here (and on the rest of the Flickr coverage) and A-TACS (all of the pics are semi scattered)

Posted Image

ericfine50 - Here's some stuff from SO Tech S.O. Tech Mission Pack MicroPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  SO Tech Paladin Mission Go Bag Posted ImagePosted Image

Plan B - There weren't any new bags from Maxpedition except some new left hand "S Model" bags.

Sitka S-Type

Posted Image

Kodiak S-Type

Posted Image

Typhoon

Posted Image

slvrwraith - We got to see some new handguards from POF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5398862901_fe9647cd93.jpg

#15 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well guys, I just finished posting the last of the pics and 'captions' in the forum to the 2011 SHOT Show requests. Thanks for all the suggestions of cool things to check out and I'm sorry if we weren't able to get to yours. It was just mayhem there! We'll work on some techniques and processes to try for next years SHOT Show though. Really, thanks again for being a part of SHOT Show. We were more than happy to bring you coverage straight from the floor and hope that you enjoyed it as much as we did! Thanks for all the kind words too, you guys are the best! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users