22 replies to this topic

#21 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:26 PM

Get rock sliders!

I had to look that up. Looks like kind of Mad Max accessory lol.

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#22 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

I had to look that up. Looks like kind of Mad Max accessory lol.

Any armor you put on your rig has a bit of a Mad Max kinda feel, but rock sliders are genuinely useful. Stop door dings from cars (though trucks/SUVs usually sit high enough to avoid them) and they'll save your doors if you do much off-roading. 

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#23 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

For the OP it sounds like you made your decision but wanted to chime in something..

I had a Jeep for my first 2 vehicles (both XJ's) and loved them.  Only sold my 2nd one because it rusted past the point of no return, and I didn't "need" it (we have several vehicles, the Jeep had gone from my primary to a 3rd or sometimes 4th driver).

3 years later I still itch for another Jeep.  We picked up a 4x4 1999 Suburban earlier this year that should handle my 4x4 SUV needs, but it still aint a Jeep, and was mostly picked up to be the long distance family trip vehicle since my wife and I both drive mini cars (Ford Fiesta and Focus).

Also you made a quibble about missing a manual transmission.  If you prefer a manual this may be a bigger deal than you realize.. maybe not.

When I got my 2nd Jeep it was an Auto vs my first being a manual.. I figured I'd get used to it.. After 4 years of stabbing the floorpan looking for the clutch pedal I finally bought the necessary parts to convert it to manual!

I spent a few more years with various "luxury" cars that I enjoyed, but the autos always drove me nuts, so I went back to manual and so glad I did.. 

• GrizCo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users