7 replies to this topic

#1 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts
  • LocationBellefontaine, ohio

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

So I've seen one of these out there for a while. Actually, almost got one but ended up not going on a demining mission to Tajikistan. Still wanting to get one for camping or natural disaster/road trip stuff. Got some missionary friends who could also probably use them.  Curious if anyone here has used the scrubba washbag? I see decent reviews online, but curious ITS folk who have used them. I think they would be pretty good for overlanding or a off the grid solution to washing clothes.

n0Q3KCI.png?1

"Aut Vain Invaim Aut Facim- I will find a way or make one"

#2 Geist

Geist

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

I've got one, wife wanted it to use for small items that didn't call for a full wash. It works like it's supposed to, would I pay what most places are asking for it again? Probably not, I'd say it's a good value if you can find it for $20-$30ish. If price isn't a concern it's a cool product. Hope that helps.

#3 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Thanks I have some missionary friends who I think would be interested. I wondered the quality/cost. I may get one someday but I've seen em going for 80 bucks. When I was in the army, I could have maybe justified that for a trip or something...Thanks again.

n0Q3KCI.png?1

#4 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:15 PM

$37.46 on backcountry.com I wonder how much more effective it would be than just getting a much cheaper dry bag and doing the same thing I understand it wouldn't have the patent pending nodules but it might still do a decent job.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#5 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

I've seen these before. Never had anyone explain how you rinse the soap out? Is it just continually adding fresh water and repeating until it's clean water coming out?

If so, it seems like you'd better have access to a lot of water. Doesn't really seem much different than washing my clothes in the creek like I do now.

#6 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

I've seen these before. Never had anyone explain how you rinse the soap out? Is it just continually adding fresh water and repeating until it's clean water coming out?

If so, it seems like you'd better have access to a lot of water. Doesn't really seem much different than washing my clothes in the creek like I do now.

Apparently you flip it inside out and wipe/rinse it. the idea is using stream water or something to do your laundry. Soap they advertise is hypoallergenic/eco-friendly....They have some videos on how to use it. I looked at em a few years ago and thought it'd be a good idea if you had to travel a lot or overlanding or natural disaster....or for my missionary friends and army friends.

YMMV

n0Q3KCI.png?1

#7 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:59 AM

$37.46 on backcountry.com I wonder how much more effective it would be than just getting a much cheaper dry bag and doing the same thing I understand it wouldn't have the patent pending nodules but it might still do a decent job.

Their concept was finalized while mountaineering in africa then going to another mountain. The washboard on the inside of the bag is key to scrub out the dirt....least that's what they say. I mean, my uncle has an old washboard in his studio..Ive washed clothes rubbing them together..I like the idea, but even 40 bucks is a want not a need at this moment in life.

n0Q3KCI.png?1

#8 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

Yeah I wonder if you toss a couple of the knobby dryer balls in the dry bag and get the same effect. Just offering other options.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users