5 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

So I am doing some upgrades on my AR. One that I'm debating is a two stage trigger. Right now I just have the standard AR trigger that comes in your standard parts kit. It works, but maybe the two stage would be advantageous and worth the upgrade? Thoughts?

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

I like 2-stage triggers personally because: 1) I'm used to them, and 2) it gives you the opprotunity to stop before the hammer drops if something changes downrange or on your end.

Edited by Psybain, 20 August 2016 - 10:24 AM.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 Sourdough

Sourdough

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOn a Mountain, at the end of a logging trail, next too the creek, in a shack, on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

I loath two stage triggers. I like single stage, and zero stage, "High Quality" triggers.

#4 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 311 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

I have a LaRue MBT-2S in my AR. It is a two-stage, 4.5lb trigger that breaks like glass. I freaking love it, and LaRue is running a deal that gives you $75 off if you're willing to wait a bit. I ordered two more for some projects in the future and they got here in less than a month.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#5 billybogota

billybogota

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 103 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I have a Geissele SD-C and a G2S trigger in my "daily driver" AR's -- I love them, and will probably never run a stock trigger again if I can help it.  If you're just getting into aftermarket triggers and don't want to go whole hog right away, take a look at the QMS trigger by ALG Defense (Geissele's sister company).  I picked one up a while back to try out and its a good, cost-effective, quality trigger.

QMS Trigger

• Psybain likes this

1LtuBMc.png?2

#6 SLAM4500

SLAM4500

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

I run CMC Triggers and love them; made in Texas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users