• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

I am repulsed by people's feet, and believe me I've been a paramedic and registered nurse. If I were going to get over it I would have. I would really like to get into a combative art but even the krav maga and BJJ (which I really don't care for) schools in my area train in bare feet. This is a serious glitch holding up my training and goals. Do any of you know of a legitimate self-defense/combative form during which people always wear shoes?

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Being as sympathetic as I am, my first thought was, "uh... Suck it up, buttercup."

But, my old Krav instructor let people wear some sort of slipper things, if they wanted. Won't help if it's other people's feet, but might be an option.

Otherwise, refer to my previous comment. ☺️

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#3 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

You could always find private lessons. With the proper monetary motivation, I am sure just about any instructor will work with your unique needs.

89BccLb.png

#4 hrddrv

hrddrv

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationArcher, Fl

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Not that I have been to many but the few I have been to we all whore the socks with the grippy things on the bottom, kind of like what you get from the hospital. I was told this kept the possible foot fungus transferred to other parts of the body. Maybe you could suggest that to everyone.

#5 sliestfish

sliestfish

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Pat McNamara just recently launched a website for his Combat Strength Training (CST) methodology. I'd say check it out. Plus it looks like you can try it on your own before you spend your hard earned bucks on one of his classes based on it. There is also something about a $16.00 E-book he wrote about CST on the website. 

http://www.combatstr...ining.com/about

• Psybain likes this

ZCxCkIx.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users