#1 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hi everyone!

Bryan once showed on geartasting a gadget that attach to a rail to analyze dry shooting. I just can't find it back... At the time I was not an owner of any pistol so I did not carred as much as I should have.... Anyone can point me to that product ?

Thanks!

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

Here ya go

http://www.itstactic...mantisx-system/

#3 xjmv

xjmv

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Yay! Thanks mate!

- xJMV

Fight, Win, Prevail.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#4 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

There a few other options out there. I can't speak to them since I haven't used them. I've seen some that use a laser round that is triggered by your gun's firing pin, some even offer an audible bang.

Something like iTargetPro (www.itargetpro.com) is a less expensive option, but it may be a little hokey.

LaserLyte (www.laserlyte.com)  and LASR (www.lasrapp.com) both make system. I've been leaning towards the lasrapp set up because of the feedback and improvement options.

I hadn't looked at the mantis system yet however. I either think the use of a rail is a) genius or B) not great. I think its going to go either way. The website doesn't offer a lot of information about how it works. I'm guessing the device is triggered by sound. I could be wrong.

The upside of some of the above systems is the laser is generated within the barrel so you train to a proper sight picture at distance. 

#5 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

I played with one of these at SHOT, man its a lot of fun! I personally have a problem with using too little of trigger, I know this, its just the way I shoot so a lot of my shots are just left of center (pushing the shot). This little device picked up on the motion of the gun being pushed during the shot, and offered the correct corrective action of using more trigger. I really want one, and will probably be picking one up very soon. 

Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#6 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

So I picked up one of the MantisX systems. Arrived in the mail today. Currently on my work desk charging up. Gonna try some dry fire runs on my Jericho this afternoon/evening. Hopefully I can get out to the range to do some live fire as well. I'll grab some pictures today, but I will say, prompt shipping considering I ordered it July 3, and you know, international shipping. Very well packed. Comes in a mini pelican case with precut solid foam. Apps are downloading now. I'll post up something with more meat to it in a new thread.

I also should post up the SKS build I just finished bore sighting.

• pira114 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handgun, pistol, tech, gadget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users